1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interstate Opens to Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j@c, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j@c

j@c Member

From ODOT

<<<<WEDNESDAY, MAY 23
    Interstate 71/State Route 61 – (NEW) At 7 a.m., all four ramps at the I-71/SR 61 interchange in Morrow County are scheduled to open which is earlier than expected. Good weather and an aggressive construction schedule are the reason the ramps will open tomorrow instead of Friday.

The opening of all four ramps means traffic will go back to its original configuration prior to the ramp closures. That means one lane of SR 61 north will be maintained and SR 61 south will be closed on the bridge.

SR 61 southbound traffic will be re-routed to I-71 south to SR 36 in Delaware County to I-71 north to Rt. 61.>>>>

Please pass the word!!! There will still be a detour leaving the campground and heading north on I71 so maybe you'll all just have to stay with us longer!!

Jenna

2. monroesc

monroesc Member

Thanks for the update. I'm sure your phone will still ring off the hook with that question.

Sara

3. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I guess I'm stupid, still confused of what's open and what's closed.
    So I can't get off 71 north coming from Columbus?....Ron

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Ron : As I understand it you can come up 71N from Cols to Cardinal.....and return on 71S as per usual. Both northbound and southbound traffic from I71 should be able to get TO the Cardinal.

The problem comes when you LEAVE Cardinal to enter I71N. 71S should be no problem.

I live close so I'll drive over tomorrow and scope it out for sure!

5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Ron : As I understand it you can come up 71N from Cols to Cardinal.....and return on 71S as per usual. Both northbound and southbound traffic from I71 should be able to get TO the Cardinal.

The problem comes when you LEAVE Cardinal to enter I71N. 71S should be no problem.

I live close so I'll drive over tomorrow and scope it out for sure!

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

RON: Cardinal from Cols should be no problem. 71 northbound and 71 southbound exits should be OK. The problem will be LEAVING Cardinal if you need to get on 71N.

I live close so I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know for sure!

7. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

RON: Cardinal from Cols should be no problem. 71 northbound and 71 southbound exits should be OK. The problem will be LEAVING Cardinal if you need to get on 71N.

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

9. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

10. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I think I have it now! Thanks....Ron

11. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Jack probably had to make a couple of calls to get the work completed before the shooting started.

12. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

From the north, is 61s open to cardinal entrance?

13. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The way I read it is all exit ramps are open to the grounds, coming from the North or South.

It's when you leave; if you want on 71 N. they are routing you one exit South on 71 and then back on 71N. Evidently you can't cross the bridge yet.

There are probably County roads you can take but for everyone's safety they are using 71.

Regards....Gerald

14. j@c

j@c Member

You can get to us from both the north and the south. Rt. 61 is open heading north.

Exiting the campground you can get on I71 south but cannot cross over the interstate (south on 61) to head north.

ODOT detours you 1 exit south, then turn around and head north.

Once you get here if you need help finding the back roads to head north stop by the campground office and we'll get you headed in the right direction!!

Looking forward to seeing ya'll!!!!

Jenna

15. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Suggestions on hotels north by north west. Coming in from Findlay,Ohio.
    Last time I stayed in Marion, Ohio, I think eh!!
    Steak house across street.

Joe Woods/Ontario

16. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

You can not only "view" the birds....you can "shoot" them too. Lots of people come to shoot at them..hence the interstate nearby......You should try it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.