1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

International trap ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Been invited to try some bunker/international trap--what type of o/u gun should you shoot & what are the choke/cpnstrictions---I have a live bird gun gun IM/Full would this gun work?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Phil,

Your live bird gun should work fine. Chokes IM and Full or Full and Full are good. They are throwing a target that is heavier and slightly smaller than an ATA target...(not to mention they toss them about 82 yards!)

It's a humbling sport and for old farts like us the speed and vision needed is rarely there...but its a great game so go and enjoy!

Bob

3. RBL661

RBL661 TS Member

Go for it. Forget the leads, had some young ladies in Tx. tell me "shoot the streak". Forget about this old fart stuff, I have seen several that fall into this category and were experienced trap shooters do quit well at the game.

4. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

How do you define a "live bird gun" please?

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My best bunker barrels are live bird.. .030/.045 step rib 28" to 30" MX-8/Comp1 barrels.. on a MX15 frame.. with PFS stock..

We all know there is no such thing as shooting birds in a ring...but if there were.. the 2nd choke would be about .040 or tighter.. the first choke would probably be about .030 The gun would shoot about dead flat.. It probably would also work great with 24 gram bunker shells..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.