1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

International Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shooting International trap at Keystone for the first time this Saturday. Would appreciate pointers. Chichay

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Just have fun and bring plenty of ammunition. Two shots per target...

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Go to this website and do some reading. It's more that just shooting twice. Bunker is the Fomula One of shotgun sports.

Remember one item.... The voice call does not have any delay like CVR's. You call and ther trap fires.

Tb

4. Chichay

Thanks for the info. I do not know which shotgun to bring: a K-80 O/U (set up for American trap) or a Citori (set up for American skeet). Using IMOD&F. Chichay

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Skeet gun, but just for having fun, either one...

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I dunno, Joe, I'd consider the K-80 but, if possible, drop the comb to where the gun would or could shoot flat. You'll want some choke on that skeet gun???. Chichay, why not bring them both.....breakemall

7. Chichay

I think I'll do that. Also found a Citori Sporting Clays O/U with 30" barrels and Invector+ chokes in the back of the safe! Chichay

8. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Chichay,

Give me a call and we can discuss this further. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Thanks,

Allen Chubb, Jr.

9. peteodie

peteodie Member

Just to add to the confusion between my two ears. Would a Sporting 32' 12 ga be good for bunker or should it be more Trap style be better. Pete G Dallas

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Any good Flat Shooting O/U that is choked something like .25/.35 will work. I believe the ideal bunker gun is a flat ribbed 29.5" O/U choked as above.

TB

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

rjh...

I try to always mention to a new shooter that its 5 groups of 3 traps and you will get 2 lefts 1 Straight away and 3 rights off of each group. The traps are fixed so everyone sees the same bird.

TB

12. smoke100

smoke100 TS Member

I think Tom Baber meant to type "2 lefts, 1 straightaway, and 2 rights" in describing the targets from each group in each round. The sequence for each shooter is controlled by computer so the shooter doesn't know which one will be thrown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.