1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

International Clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shrek, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Active Member

700x would most likely be a better choice, if you compare the two it looks like 700x has higher pressures. Which would be advantageous in the cold weather.

I had loaded some international clays 1 oz loads a few years ago and shot them in the Wisconsin winter. they all went bang, but there was a boatload of unburned powder in the barrel...

I like red dot or clays for 1 oz loads in the winter.

Some folks say e3 is the stuff for winter,b ut I had trouble getting it to meter uniformly in my MEC so I have not monkeyed with it since.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

in my experience, international clays doesn't work well for 1oz, no matter WHAT the weather. I bought a 8lb'er at the beginning of the season, because I was planning on shooting 1 1/8oz. Decided to drop back to 1oz right before the season, and didn't want to have to buy a substitute powder. Tried loading it with CCI primers, and there was ALOT of punky shells and unburned powder. Finally switched to Federal 209A primers, that solved the problem completely, but lead to me having to keep a supply of primers on hand that I don't use for anything else.

3. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I use Clays in the winter, spring, summer, and fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.