Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

International Clays for Handicap???

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Doc! 
#1 ·
I am trying to work up a handicap load for my son. I am looking at International clays in a Nitro/STS hull with a TGT12 wad Fio 616 primer looking for about 1235 with about 9000 pressure. Does this sound good?

Corey

#4 ·
You may need to sub a Fig 8 wad for the TGT 12 to get everything in. I load 20.7 for 1235 with a CCI primer and with the fig 8 it is a good fit. HOWEVER this load and most others using International Clays will be running 10,100+ psi for any load over 1200 fps. When I tried to use the TGT12 I usually ended up with a slight bulge in the crimp.

--- Chip King ---

#5 ·
i would recommend international clays over any other handicap powder out there. I have loaded it for several years and I have a ton of various loads that work really well from any where. my favorite is 21.5 grains in a gold medal, windjammer wad, 1 1/8, and a fio 616 primer. I shoot alot of protection programs and I have found that this load works well as a call or backup shell from the 27 yard line. hope I could help aj

#8 ·
gasman03 – I have shot quite a bit of International for handicap loads and it works fine --- I used Clays for 1 ounce 16 yard loads and first shot at doubles and International for 27 yard loads and second shot at doubles……Then I discovered what a lot of people already knew – Green Dot. I have found that Green Dot is a little easier on the shoulder and very hard on targets. My 1 1/8 ounce #7 ½ loads run about 1180 pfs and work very well….Personally – I prefer Green Dot over International

#10 ·
Tim F242 - I used Win AA hulls (new type) - Win 209 primers - my #32 MEC bushing will drop between 18.7 and 18.9 grains of Green Dot. Generally use Winchester Orange wads - 1 1/8 mag #7 1/2 shot --- Some people consider this a light load - but it gets the job done and is a pleasure to shoot -

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.