1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

International Clays for 1 ounce loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

I recently acquired a couple of jugs of International Clays in a trade – was considering using it for 1 ounce loads ----any thoughts and experience with International Clays used for 1 ounce loads????

2. missemucho

missemucho Member

I've used International for handicaps, not singles. The above 1 oz load is lighter than I used--my load was 19.6 gr (31 bushing in my mec) with rem hulls, cheddite or wolf primer, and green duster wads. Fast and efficient out of a full choke XT.
    John

3. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Rev, Agree completely. Hodgdon on line too. I use International exclusively for 1 and 1 1/8 loads. Good stuff.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Intl' Clays is a good all around powder. Unless one wants powder puff loads, it is very well suited for 24 gram 1350 fps Intl' loads.

It is fabulous with one ounce 1250 fps loads. HCP loads with 1 1/8 oz are low pressure, high performance thumpers.

I load 22 gr with 24 and 32 gram loads, 21 with the one ouncers, with suitable components. Keeping pressures over 9000 psi will give you clean burning, consistent loads.

Check Hodgdon's site for using your components.

5. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

Great for high velocity 1oz. loads. You can load this powder down too but the low pressures will give you an incomplete burn and leave raw powder in your barrel/s. Here's a good low velocity/recoil recipe. I loaded 1oz loads with 18.5gr, AA or STS/Nitro hull, claybuster WAA12SL (pink) wad, WIN 209A primer and was very pleased. For 1 1/8 try 17.5gr and a WAA12 (white) wad.
    Cheers
    Jimmy E

6. Shooting Coach

Jimmy is using the STS hull, which Intl' Clays likes. The Riefenhauser types I prefer leave unburned powder in the bore, unless I pour on the coals.

It still works well.

7. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Actually, my 1oz load using STS shells is 17.5 gr International Clays, Fed 209A, and Green Dusters or Down Range DRA12 (WAA12SL replacements). Singles / doubles and practice caps.

8. Shooting Coach

I like the Rio primer, Rio/Diana/Kemen hull, 12SO clone wad, one ounce 7 1/2, and 22 gr Intl' Clays. This load opens a huge can of whoop@$$ on clay targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clays 1 oz load

clays international 1 oz load data

clays powder 1 oz loads
clays powder loads for 1 oz loads
international clays
international clays 1 oz loads
international clays for 1 oz loads