1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

interesting tidbits about this site (and us!)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I stumbled on this URL this morning while searching for something else and found the data interesting.

Ed

2. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

very interesting there, neil must of been up late one nite to put them pie charts and graphs together.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It says I read Gardenweb.com.

Get real. LOL.

Neat site, lots of interesting useless statistics.

HM

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Interesting statistics, but I wonder where they got their data.....?
    I know I've never filled out a questionaire on this forum about my income/education/age/ethnicity/etc................

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

code5, They know everything about you and all of us. Its just the way it is. Jake

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

The statistics should open our eyes. The young people are just not picking up our sport. We are dinosaurs. Mike

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" Interesting statistics, but I wonder where they got their data.....? I know I've never filled out a questionaire on this forum about my income/education/age/ethnicity/etc................"

Click the "Demographics tab". You'll see that only the "Gender" graph is specific to TS.com, and that they can generate in a number of ways. The rest of the graphs (age, income, education etc.) are none-specific US demographics ("www.domain.com").

I got a charge out of the pie chart on the "Traffic" page
    <center>[​IMG]</center>

Which ones are the "addicts"?

Morgan

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Oh, I think we know who we are.

Ed

9. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

(standing up) Hello..my names a. Art, and I am a friend of Jerry B.
    Can I have some of that coffee.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Guilty and we all know my name. Bill Grill

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

interesting av. glad to see you back again. still read your articles first. sometimes i look at a few ads first but always start at your column.jackmitch

12. nicky

nicky Member

And to think someone somewhere is getting paid to put this data together. Boy, is this country's priorities screwed up. Interesting though.

Kevin

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I must be an addict, because I came back. I know for a fact that I am addicted to trap shooting, so anything related to trap shooting is an activity for me.

For those of you who like to use Google, read the following for a better understanding of how your information gets collected (this is from an article in the BBC, website is above):

Google is a privately-owned US company that has a policy of collecting as much information as possible about everyone who uses its search tool.

It will store your computer's IP address, the time/date, your browser details and the item you search for.

It sets a tracking cookie on your computer that does not expire until 2038.

This means that Google builds up a detailed profile of your search terms over many years.

Google probably knew when you last thought you were pregnant, what diseases your children have had, and who your divorce lawyer is.

It refuses to say why it wants this information or to admit whether it makes it available to the US Government for tracking purposes.

And the much-loved Google toolbar tells Google about every web page you look at.

Yet it so dominates the search engine market that no website can afford to ignore it, and it indexes so much of the web that few users think of using another.

The way it ranks pages is a commercial secret, outside any external supervision or control.

If Google decides it does not like you then you can be dropped from the index.

14. chemist

chemist Member

Came in from a play in NYC last night and site was down- contacted user in CA and she said hers worked, tried again-NG. switched to APPLE backup and it worked-strand said they had trouble- to the contributor who suggested putting the 2 after the URL title- THANKS- I couldn't follow all the cookies info. Site has given me a lot of good info - I nix the irrelevant stuff - thanks

Rich

15. nicky

nicky Member

I bet if the word on Goggle got out in mass form their stock would tumble and put a lot of millionaire's back into the middle class.

16. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"Well Google can set all the cookies it wants, but Firefox deletes them ALL every time I close it, or whenever I ask it to, which is VERY, VERY often. (I have it set to keep TS. Com permanently.)"

admiral, I'm curious about how you set Firefox to NOT discard TS.com cookies when the cookie file is dumped. I've not found a setting in either Tools >> Options or the cookie editor add-on that makes that possible.

Morgan

17. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

<html>
    <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    http-equiv="content-type">
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    Capt. Morgan<br>
    <br>
    Go to TOOLS>OPTIONS clcik on the Privacy Tab<br>
    Then, ** when the web site you want to allow to set cookies is open in
    Firefox ** select the URL (a/k/a the website address )<br>
    <br>
    Click on EXCEPTIONS (see Photo)<br>
    <br>
    A window will open, you can then paste the URL in the exceptions block
    or if you have to, type in the URL.<br>
    <br>
    TIP. If the website in question is for example,
    http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=145357&messages=22<br>
    Well all you need is: http://www.trapshooters.com<br>
    Or if it is: http://www.mbnabank.account.login.com<br>
    Well edit it to : http://www.mbnabank.com This will allow
    ALL pages at your bank to set cookies. <br>
    Hope this helps.<br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    </body>
    </html>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.