1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Take On Firearms & Election

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WoodsonEnt, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I wasn't going to share this until after the election.....I manage a machine shop in a small town and small state. There is a firearms & ammo manufacturer in my same town. My machine shop has recently been looking at a new Haas Vertical Machining Center. One of the HAAS salesman made a visit to us a couple of weeks ago to discuss our options.

During these usual visits, he usually takes myself, the owner of company, and shop foreman to lunch - well, no free lunch this time! He was too busy entertaining the firearms manufacturer in my town. He told me that this manufacturer had recently purchased 4 brand new CNC machines from him to be prepared for the election. I guess they knew!

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm guessing every available CNC machine will be running AR lowers as fast as they can for the foreseeable future.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I've never owned an AR, shot them while I was in the Air Force and that was it. I do have a bunch of guns, none real expensive but I use them for hunting or shooting sports. I begin to wonder if I need to get one though. I think that I could protect my family with what I have. I even have a 9 shot Rem 1100 in 20 ga and think it would work as well as anything for home protection. The AR's are fun to shoot occasionally but what advantage do they have over rifles. I have several BARS for hunting that shoot mighty good. Please tell me the advantage. Jackie B.

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

a little lighter and compact. A soldier on the move can carry a lot of ammo for the weight. Most of its appeal is that it looks BAD. You already have all you need for protection and hunting.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

AR-15s are versatility embodied. They can be used for defense, hunting, or long range target shooting. They can be setup to fire a .22LR to a .50BMG, and just about anything in between. You can build a fun gun/blaster for about 500 bucks, or a precision target rifle for a few grand. They are easy to modify with minimal experience and tools and customize/personalize.

6. high 2

high 2 Member

For close quarters combat the 9 shot 1100 can only be beat by 9 shot pump. 50yds and in, I'll take the shotgun every time. Larry

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not me, I want to have the same firepower or better than the enemy, they all have assualt rifles that will penetrate your home or even car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.