1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Rem 870

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I just received a used 870 LEFT HAND Magnum 12ga. Gun shows very little use.

The interesting thing about this gun is the barrel that came with it. Ribbed barrel is a BRAND NEW UNFIRED Hastings 3" with three screw in flush mount chokes, IC, Mod, Full. And get this: Barrel is 35 1/2 inches long. This is the actual barrel length not including the extension the goes into receiver. I was told that after a morning of hunting you could use it in the afternoon as a fishing rod. Barrel also has machined groves running straight down the length of barrel (not rifling). Was this called something like "WADLOCK".

My questions are: As a LH Magnum version is this 870 a relatively rare find? Is the barrel of significant value?

Thanks, Marc

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

On the barrel- it is a wadlock. I believe it is Perazzibigbore that had several for sale that were 36" long left hand versions. They were new and IIRC I think whoever had them were selling for around 175ish. Do a search. They have straight rifling. They are not all that rare. I can't comment on the gun. I would love to have one of those bbls in right hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.