1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting police rank and file poll on gun laws

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://tinyurl.com/cyqsxrp

Interesting poll of rank and file police officers, 15,000 of them, of which 70 percent of respondents are field-level law enforcers — those who are face-to-face in the fight against violent crime on a daily basis — not office-bound, non-sworn administrators or perpetually-campaigning elected officials.

Too much info to post here, plus there are graphs and charts at the link.

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

This information is truly astonishing.Why haven't the pro-gun forces used this.I would think at least Fox would report this survey.A 15,000 person survey should carry some weight.

I have never been a big LEO supporter.But,after reading this survey I must say they are on the right side of this issue.The fact that they are big supporters for CCW is something that should be sung from the mountain tops.

Darr

3. 548

548 Guest

I would say that this data is correct. I base that assumption simply on the fact that 8 out of 10 cops I know are Republicans. And we know that this gun control issue is certainly a political one.

As a cop, it is my opinion that a police officer's stance on gun control is no more valid or should hold no more weight than the opinion of any other citizen.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jeff I know how you voted if you even did take the survey

I still don't see why you hang around here since you are so anti gun, what I mean in anti gun you are just like your fellow libs, if you don't care for something you don't think anyone else should have it

5. 548

548 Guest

I suppose parallels can be drawn regardless of the issue. Abortion being the first that comes to mind. Because person A is anti-abortion, person B should be prohibited from that option.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I would like to see your data on the percent of police who are Republican (I trust you are in the other 20%?).

I grant that there is a political edge to this, but I disagree wholeheartedly as to your conclusion. The President has again and again pulled police, military, officers, or rank and file before the press to show how they support his onerous stance on any and everything (gun control this month). This data goes a long way to expose yet another lie being perpetrated by The Chicago Machine that is dragging this country into the toilet.

This should be headline news for the next two weeks (or until AFTER any vote on gun control) because it shows the perversion being done by the White House.

7. 548

548 Guest

It's just from talk around the squad room; shooting the breeze so to speak. Nothing scientific, just my observations from the cops I know. You are welcome to believe whatever you like. I hope you don't think all those cops standing behind the President are Democrats. That's just not the case.

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I heard the LEO's who were standing behind Obo were there under "duress" in fear of "retaliation" from the union thugs!!!

Amazing what the lame stream media DOESN'T cover!!! NO surprise!!

9. 548

548 Guest

It was their assignment that day. That's all. Certainly doesn't mean they are Democrats in support of the President's agenda. I suspect there are many, possibly most, Secret Service agents who daily make the choice to voluntarily offer their life in exchange for the President's life, but wouldn't vote for him in an election.

10. timberfaller

SO 548,

You would have no problem standing behind someone on the basis of "if I don't I'll loose my job or get reassigned to a lower position"??

If you don't, you must accept extortion as the norm. Plus have some awful low standards.

11. 548

548 Guest

Timber, I don't know what you are trying to argue about. Those cops are there because that was their assignment that day. Nothing more, nothing less. They weren't there representing what they believe is good policy. They are employees, and as such, subject to assigments on a daily basis that must be carried out regardless of what their personal beliefs are.

12. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Interesting and not surprising. Most of the law enforcement officers I'm aquainted with are very pro-gun.

13. timberfaller

And that 548 is part of the PROBLEM with LEO, to many YES MEN/WOMEN

14. Brian in Oregon

So swearing an oath to uphold the Constitution is lip service?

15. 548

548 Guest

What does the Constitution have to do with a photo op?

16. 3357

3357 Member

Timber, you have missed the point entirely. A law enforcement officer does not make the law, they are sworn to enforce it firmly, fairly, and objectively and for all. They do not get to pick and choose. As a retired law enforcement officer I always felt it would be very difficult to be a liberal and enforce the law as described above.

From your comments I would suspect you would have a very brief carreer at best in law enforcement.

17. Brian in Oregon

Well 548, would you think it appropriate if the cops were ordered to stand behind Klan members at a KKK ralley for a photo op? After all, it would merely be their assignment that day.

18. 548

548 Guest

Brian, you are smarter than that. That post was not worthy of you.

19. Brian in Oregon

You made a blanket statement. I'm trying to find how high or low your fence is.

Example. One of the past Portland police chiefs would march in support of gays in their parades, wearing his uniform.

You believe it is appropriate to order police officers to stand in support of unconstitutional legislation in a politically motivated attempt to show law enforcement support.

Yet you are uncomfortable with an attempt to see where you draw the line?

20. 548

548 Guest

The constitutionality of legislation is determined by the courts. Until then, they are just cops who are involved in a photo op with a dignitary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.