1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INTERESTING PHOTO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfan517, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfan517

jfan517 Member

Speechless.....

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I love it! I might do something similar...but need to know which is easier to modify...a Kgun or CG?

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Awesome, Dude! I meant "Like, awesome, Dude!"

4. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

the real question.....Does it work?

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

If there were raccoons hanging off the gun, would that help you identify the shooter?

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Alright that does look horrible, but I'll give him credit for trying something different. He's skinny with a long neck so looks like normally he'd need a SUPER high-rib.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

He said it has a 200% POI....

Bryan

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Nope, that chunk of wood won't hurt when you touch it off, go ahead, I promise.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I give???

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

All its missing are some raccoons.

11. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have seen some centerfire rifles set up like this before, I have often wondered how it would work on a trap gun.. thanks for the pic

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'm sure a couple of the posters so far in this thread also recalls what the "experts" had to say about this set-up? Such things as; "you'll never come close to breaking a 25 with that POS let alone a good score!" That's close enough to overall summations of what was said.

I don't recall if Joe Kuhn broke the 100 with it or not but I do know he broke a few 99s with it as is! Joe posts here once in a while yet but the beating he took thinking outside the box was ferocious while he was putting this experiment together.

I think a 15-18 or so was his best score at trap till he put this contraption together and I encouraged him to continue his experiment through many, many emails. He succeeded by breaking pretty good scores then quit shooting ATA targets. Boy did we show him!!

Gene Hapney

13. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I followed Joe's progress on this project from the start. Sent him pictures of my Space Gun to give him ideas of how to put his ideas into use. I really enjoyed his posts and was very sad to see he had stopped posting. If I recall, he and Dennis Devault worked together and he bought a Mach 1 and had a stock built up like the above picture. I guess the constant negative remarks were too much for him. Too bad, he was a great poster and an interesting fellow.

Tomas

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

I took a Hoppe clinic with Joe and he had his "contraption" with him. Frank shot it and found it "interesting".

I think Joe is still experimenting. I loaned him a PFS stock a while back but it did not work out for him.

Joe is a good guy and the jerks on TS.com would not bother him very much.

Don Verna

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Joe still posts here, fairly often.

We have not scared him away.

16. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Joe hasn't given anything up, and hasn't stopped shooting targets (registered or otherwise). He was just at the club on Sunday, it was his work day.

Joe's main problem now is trying to fit in some shooting, what with Holga giving him a lengthy to-do list and trying to keep two teenagers on the straight and narrow.

Scott

17. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

What no rib with 2 beads, I thought that 2 beads were mandatory. (grin) Ross Puls

18. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I too remember the posts when he was playing with ideas. GOOD FOR HIM!!! Without people like him we would have none of the modern conveniences. Like Auto shotguns, Over and Under shotguns, smokeless powder, plastic wad collumns, primers in the hull instead of flint, clay targets instead of glass balls. I could go on but you get the picture. To my fellow contributors---LAY OFF any one who does not think just like you!

Joe, who ever you are and where ever you are, send some more stuff. Some of us really enjoy and appreciate what you are trying!

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Some one has way to much time on their hands!

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Scott, maybe I should have worded that a tad different? He hardly got started shooting ATA targets.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.