1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting PERAZZI barrel - a question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hmb, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What's the question? HMB

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Sport, I've never owned a MT6 to see the muzzle, can't help you on this one. But,

Acciaio Special is Italian for special steel.

MT6 has separate ser. #s. 100076 falls into 1975.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

SS, I don't know the reasoning behind that set-up unless to say it makes it look more technical than it truly is? If it looks complicated it must work, or at least make one think so. I certainly can't see how it would change POI in any way either? Especially since the barrels are silver soldered together at the end.

I have a set of MT-6 barrels that musta been what I call Monday barrels. Top barrel shot just dandy, bottom barrel shot a FULL pattern low! At 30 yards, aiming at a clay sized spot from a rest put all the pellets below that spot!

I sent them to Eyster's and had the barrels regulated properly. They now have a POI within an inch of each other at close to long distance POI work. My barrels now have a barrel band similar to the Rem/K guns with a barrel wedge under the forearm. Works great now. I hate Monday work and it can come from any manufacturer!!

Hap

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ok, here's my thoughts

I read in some shooting publications that the MT6 was POI adjustable. I'll bet if you remove the allen screw piece, you'd find that the 2nd block is only soldered to one of the 2 barrels (the top one judging by your pic). I'm thinking the 2nd piece is just there to give the first piece something to screw to, and the muzzle piece with the screws is interchangable to get the POI you want. Pull the screws, drift the piece out (if possible), and see if you can move the barrels agst one another.

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

According to Ray Stafford this was to help stabilize the barrel alignment. On the early MT6s when the bottom barrel heated up it would expand enough to actually bend the barrel from the heat expansion. This set up allows the barrel to expand and everything stays in original alignment.

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Why not ask Lucio Sosta at Perrazi USA?

8. Hap MecTweaks

I think that was an "experimental theory" that didn't work out as planned? When metal tubes are heated they expand whether attached with bolts or with welded side ribs. Monday morning "theory" maybe? My MT-6 barrels had a slim wedge welded between both barrels to stabilize them but the bottom barrel was way off and shot the pattern extremely low at 30 yards. Made it tough to break first birds out on doubles!!!! It works as it's supposed to now thanks to Ken Eyster regulating the barrels for me. Hap

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think those were to change the point of impact- and yes they made different size blocks

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Ray told me that he had an early MT6 and at the Grand on one of those 100+degree days with the 90+ humidity he was shooting along and mounted his gun for his shot and the sight picture was totally "weird". He thought he mismounted his gun and mounted again and it was still off. He then looked at the barrel from the side and could see the bend. He went to Perazzi and they knew of the problem and this was their fix.

11. Hap MecTweaks

truthseeker, check your PM messages. Hap

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I believe is was just another way of attaching the muzzle end of the bbls, without having to solder them.

The few that I've looked at, I could not see how any POI adjustment can be made.

Doug

13. parts

parts TS Member

I have a MT6 purchased new 30 years ago. I had this same barrel conversation with Giacomo when he was at Ithaca many years ago. The barrels were designed to free float. He said to just snug up the set screws and forget it. They never were ajustable for POI. The MT6 never became popular because of a changing point of impact problem----and not because the shooter wanted it to change. I have since fitted a MX8 high rib single barrel to my MT6 frame.

14. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

Mr. PerazziBigBore -

Is there a problem leaving the original MT6 hangars as they are and not "reregulating the barrels"? I am concerned about what Phil Kiner said about Ray Stafford [[Ray told me that he had an early MT6 and at the Grand on one of those 100+degree days with the 90+ humidity he was shooting along and mounted his gun for his shot and the sight picture was totally "weird". He thought he mismounted his gun and mounted again and it was still off. He then looked at the barrel from the side and could see the bend. He went to Perazzi and they knew of the problem and this was their fix.]] - was the fix the one you speak of?

15. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

Sportshot + all -

I have looked at the end of my barrels on my MT6 and it has just one solid piece (it is not split apart nor does it have two seperate pieces as in the picture) and it does not have an screws on the barrel end.

Do I need to have this fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
acciaio special perazzi barrells

perazzi acciaio special

perazzi acciaio speciale
why does perrazzi have split barrels