1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting facts about water: Maybe it will help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hope this info helps someone. Mike.

I didn't know this about water!!

THIS IS INTERESTING!!!

I am advised that about 90% of heart attacks occur early in the morning and it can be minimized if one takes a glass or two of water [ yes WATER and NOT grog or beer or other beverage] before retiring in the evening.

I knew water is important but I never knew about the special times to drink it. Did you??

Drinking water at the correct time maximizes its effectiveness on the Human body :

2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs

1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion

1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure

1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack

Please pass this to the people you care about.......

2. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mind sharing where you got this information from? Chichay

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Do you mind sharing where you got this information from? Chichay

4. Skrap Shooter

Skrap Shooter TS Member

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/water.asp

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

This reminds me of a story. You don't really appreciate water unti you've been without it for a spell...

A couple years ago I bought my wife a nice quality elliptical exercise machine for Christmas. The store had a deal where if you lose 10% of your bodyweight in 4 or 5 months, you'd get a couple hundred dollars back. It was a surprise gift, so I just put my own name down and weighed-in. Well, when my wife saw her present she said, "Hey -- I saw they were advertising a $200 weight loss rebate -- I hope you signed me up for that!" As I was standing there I heard words coming out of my mouth saying, "Yes, Honey -- I DID." She asked, "where do I weigh in?" Then I heard my mouth say, "It's the honor system -- just tell me your weight and I will phone it in." She does so.

Months pass and I forget all about it. Then, two weeks before the final weigh-in, she announces, "Well, I'm sorry but I'm not going to make weight in time to get the $200. I say, "Oh well, that's OK Honey you lost some weight and you look good." Then I sneak off and weigh myself and discover that I'm only 13 pounds shy of being down the required 10%. I WANT that free $200 so I diet my ass off for 11 days and drop 8 pounds. Three days to go and I need to lose 5 more pounds. No problem -- I had fasted a few times in my younger days so I decide to simply eat zero calories for a couple days. Water only. 48 hours later I weigh-in and I'm still 2 pounds heavy, and the official weigh-in is the next morning. I can't give up now, so I decide to not drink any water for 12 hours. I wake up the next morning and my mouth feels like the Sahara desert, but my scale says I made it! So I show up at the store, get on the official scale, and the muscle-headed flunky clerk says "Oh Dude, what a bummer -- you missed the goal by just 3/4 of a pound!" I say, "Really -- you're going to hose me over 12 ounces?" He replies, "Those are the boss's strict rules, but I'll tell you what -- we're open until 6pm (8 more hours), and if a person doesn't eat or drink ANYTHING for 8 hours they'll lose 12 ounces for sure! Do you think you can go 8 hours without eating or drinking?" Now mind you, this bastard has no idea that I've eaten absolutely NOTHING for the past 72 hours and haven't had a single drop to drink since the night before. But I'm pissed, so I tell him, "Oh yeah -- I'll be back by 6pm!"

Now I'm starving to death at this point, and literally DYING of thirst, but I'm angry and determined to not get cheated out of my $200 so I do what any logical person would do -- I go home and get my shotgun and try to distract myself with a few enjoyable rounds of trapshooting. But my brain is actually beginning to die at this point so, of course, I shoot literally the worst 4 rounds of trap I've shot in my entire life. I think I went 0-for-5 on at least two posts in each round and never broke more than three on any post. My shooting buddies, who I'm too embarrassed to tell I'm starving myself like a chick before a hot date, are looking at me like I'm a complete moron (which obviously I am).

I drive home pissed, jump on the scale, and it hasn't moved AT ALL. I haven't peed in 14-16 hours, and my genitals seem to be retracting into my abdomen with no sign of upcoming urination, so I don't know how in the world I'm going to lose any more weight in the next couple hours. But I come from a long line of thick skulls, so I just HAVE to find a way! It occurs to me that people "sweat off" weight in a sauna. I don't have access to a sauna, so I decide that a hot bath is the next best thing. I laid in that steaming hot water up to my chin for 45 minutes and then did the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life -- I stood up suddenly. Do you know what a bullet feels like going through your brain? I do. My field of vision narrows as the dizziness overwhelms me. I stagger down the hallway leaning on the wall, while dry-heaving at the same time, into my bedroom and plop face down on the bed while listening to the increasingly loud sound of my heart pumping sludge. I pass out. Minutes later I'm startled awake by my wife screaming. "HEY!!! - Why the hell are you lying in our bed stark naked and soaking wet?!!!"

I gather myself, look at the clock, it's 5pm. I throw on my clothes and tell my wife -- who knows absolutely nothing of what's going on -- that I don't feel well but she needs to drive me to the exercise equipment store (there's no way I can possibly drive in this depleted state). My puzzled wife stays in the car while I enter the store at 5:55. Now the owner is there. He approaches me shaking his head and asks, "You're not the guy who weighed-in 3/4 of a pound heavy this morning, are you?" I'm worried about why he's shaking his head so I take a breath, brace myself, and reply, "Yes Sir, I certainly am -- and you have no idea what I've gone through today so if you tell me I don't get my second chance to make weight like your clerk promised I might actually have to murder you right where you stand."

He replies, "No, no, no -- I just felt bad that the kid forgot to tell you that you could have weighed-in with your shoes off."

AAAAaaarGH!!!

-Gary

6. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

So what did you do with the $200? :)

LMS

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I pissed it away on trapshooting, what else would I do with it?

-Gary :)

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Gary- Great story, thanks for the share. Got a good laugh from me right before bed...

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gary, that was a great story almost pizzed my pants laughing. Mike.

Cichay, my wife sent it to me in an Email.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How could you make up a story like that? Great story Gary. I needed a good laugh.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A nurse told me once, that drinking a glass or two of water before you give blood in the morning before a blood test puffs up the blood vessels and makes it easer to find the blood vessel. The blood also flows better.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

shot410ga,

Make sure your blood work doesn't require you to fast before drinking that water the morning of your tests. It can screw up the blood test results. I found this out the hard way and had to have them re-done.

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Drink extra water just before bed ... that way you get to wake up and pee twice during the night!

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Ahab, do you think if you drink water before you'll have to pee so bad you'll have a hard attack? Mike.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

One detail I forgot to mention... on the final afternoon of my moronic crash diet I also had to attend the birthday party of my niece's little girl at CHUCK-E-CHEESE -- 90 torturous minutes of watching others eat cake and ice cream with my tongue feeling like a dried-out sponge. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever say this, but I was DYING to sink my teeth into that horrific sheet-garbage they call pizza.

-Gary

16. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

GW22 -- you deserve a medal!! Besides spending your new riches on trapshooting is not pissing it away, it is more like an educational fund for seeing and eye coordination. I think after your ordeal you should have told the wife that you were going to spend an extra 50 bucks, just because you could. LOL Thanks for the laughs1

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.