1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Error on Shooter Info Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I was looking at my records on the ATA Shooter Information Center. There I find my yearly totals, and the grand totals at the end. According to their Lifetime totals at the end, the singles event I shot at Dillon, Montana the weekend before last should have given me 25,000 lifetime singles. My records show I still am 400 short, so I decided to compare yearly counts, theirs versus mine, to see where the difference occurs. It turned out that the only difference is that they have me down for 200 handicap in 1992 where I only have 100 recorded. Every other year since I first registered in 1978 is exactly the same, their count compared to mine, in all three events. However in the Lifetime Totals, they show 500 more singles than the sum of their yearly totals, 200 more handicap than the sum of their yearly totals, and 200 more doubles than the sum of their yearly totals. In other words, their arithmetic on the Lifetime totals is clearly in error. It might be interesting to check whether your records have a similar error, and report back.

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

If he has passed on or is no longer shooting, they remove the listing. My dad was on here for years even though he passed away in 1982, when I told the ATA, they took him out of the shooter information center. John

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

did you have any leauge but not registered targets to mes up the counts

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Registered League targets are registered, I think, but they are an eastern phenomenon. I've never heard of anyplace in the west offering registered leagues. But that was not my point. If I add up the registered singles targets the ATA says I have, 1978 through 2007, it is 24,500, agreeing with my records. Yet their "Lifetime" total is 24,900.

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

leuge targets are down one of two ways,,,,one is registered as normal at a shoot,,,,,way two,,,,they count twords target total,,,,bottom count,,,lifetime targets,,,they do not count twords advarge and are not on counrt for yearly registerd targets,,,thats how I found out one leauge I shoot did not get the targets in,,,,,in the nort east ,,,with bad winters and such these targets help get our total targets up for the big shoots,,,NO PENELTY CLASS,,,,without ruining the advarge we work so hard to get up in the good weather

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Is that written in English?

7. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

I think he is also a grammie punctuation wannabe.

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

ATA record keeping SUCKS !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.