1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting discussion of NY pardon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some of the comments here are very intersting

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/24/new.york.governor.commute/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Aparently a white gang showed up to lynch this black mans son and burn down his house and he shot one of the white kids accidently and was convicted and in prison

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

We just had a local 60 year old policeman killed in a jewelry heist at a Kohl's by a person let out on parole last year from 3 Life sentences. How does that happen?

3. g7777777

Ran200- you appear biased but lets look at the facts:

The Prosecution's argument was that this guy had an unregistered handgun in his house

Therefore when the white lynch mob showed up to kill his family that he didnt have a legal gun and therefore none of the lynch mob would have died but for the illegal gun in the house

Interesting argument

Now the commentator to that thread broke it down not about race but about a right to defend your family

One said "what did they expect milk and cookies when they came to his house to kill his family- I would have shot them all, not just one"

On

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

In Atlanta there was a Georgia State Patrolman shot and killed Dec 27th by a 30 year old suspect who had 18 previous arrests. He was just released from Fulton County jail less than 2 weeks ago on his most recent arrest. (most of them felonies)

What happened to the 3 strikes law??

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I don't know all of the facts, but I know if one person or many, regardless of color, show up at my place to do me harm, I will call the cops, but I will also arm and defend myself before someone gets the drop on me or the cops arrive. That's self preservation and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If you go looking for blood, you'll probably find it and it may be your own. That 17 year old kid should have thought of that before taking the action that he did.

John

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

It looks like justice was served. Neil

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Regardless of race, creed, or color everyone has a right to defend themselves and their family. The problem in our country is laws that are in place to protect the offenders. What has happened to common sense? When does a person need to take responsibility for his or her actions? And not hide behind laws and liberal think that finds reason to lay the blame else where for and offenders actions? Too many lawyers?

8. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

The line between left and right is gray and very thin. Neil

9. g7777777

Even the people that have commented on this from NY are overwhelmingly in support of this guy being pardoned

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.