1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting 1100 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipking, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

I just picked up an interesting older (70s-early 80s) Remington 1100 Trap. It is typical med-hi grade wood monte carlo stock. Just marked Trap on the right side with a 28" TRAP MOD marked 2 bead barrel (not the step rib) and the correct (for a trap barrel) shell deflecter nub in the barrel extension. This is the first 28" trap barrel that I have ever seen on an 1100 and I can not even find a 28" listed for the Trap guns. Anyone have any idea how many of these were made.
    --- Chip King ---

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Lots and lots Chip. No shortage of them. I have two of them myself. Jeff

3. LoveChild

LoveChild TS Member

Chip , I had 1 a few years ago they were around

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

What you have is a common, 1100 Trap-TB made with the 1960s vintage trap bbl that does not have the step rib. The step rib, fixed choke bbls were coded part # 9612 for full choke and 9614 for mod (both 30") I have a code #9526 bbl which is 30" full, with the correct Bradley style white front bead and the steel mid rib bead without the "step" rib. I don't know offhand the part numbers for the other earlier trap barrels. You have one of the older, no-step vent rib trap barrels and yes, they did make some in 28" mod, 30" mod, 30" full and until 1981, 34" full.

The Mod choked trap barrels appear to be less common, however. They are still good barrels.

As for worth - assuming the the gun hasn't seen tens of thousands of rounds in 30 or 40 years - $500 give or take $50. If it's a beater with worn out receiver rails - it isn't worth much but the barrel alone is worth $200 to $250 as they are hard to find and assuming there is no crack in the extension and no excessive wear in the locking lug recess - they're excellent barrels.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Thanks guys. I don't know how many 1100s of all types I have owned over the years but this is the first trap gun I can remember with a 28" trap barrel. I must have led a sheltered life. This one does not show a great deal of use so I think I will just shoot it and enjoy. Thanks again for all the good info.
    --- Chip King ---

6. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I bought a step rib 1100 Trap 28" mod. choke barrel here last year. Great for doubles.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.