1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Colelum, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colelum

Colelum TS Member

What in the devil is going on with this Interest Rate ? Don,t they know that a lot of us older people saved for years to have some extra income to help us along with our S.S. Don,t they care about the money that we have to put out there in the ecomony ? I have some CDs coming due that I have been drawing 5.4 percent on and now the best that the banks will do is 2.5 percent. I can not afford that kind of cut in my income, has anybody else had to face this or found a solution fo it ? If so please let me know. Thanks, Ruddcole

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I Bonds are over 6 % the last I looked.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Curious??...How risky will the bond market be if/when cities, towns, and counties start to default, and file bankruptcy?

Doug

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Email me.....I can assist you.

Jim C

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Who are "they?"

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

and they walk among us!!

Curt

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

There are still options available where you don't have to take a big cut, if any at all. You just have to know where to look.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've got a premium money market checking account. To be a premium account and get the higher interest rate a person must maintain a balance of 30K or more. Last month that premium high interest account paid 1/10 of 1 percent. Wow!!! I can't even buy a hot dog at the ballpark on what that interest paid last month.

I use Chuck Schwab for my stocks, and investments, a couple of weeks ago I researched CDs and they didn't even have any listed.

I heard that in Japan in the 90s you had to pay the bank to keep your money, might end up that way here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.