1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

interest in an aftermarket add on adjustable ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Greetings all, I have decided to venture a little farther in to the market and try to produce a few of my aluminum add on adjustable ribs. I am on the look out for a few individuals to help me get started. the benefits that this rib has over the others on the market is that my rib is much easier to install, and is just as easy to adjust. My rib doesnt require and adhesives to install, no holes need to be drilled, only about 1 minute of your time is required to install since the rib simply clamps on to the existing rib. The adjustment on this rib are made by loosening the set srew in the fron and allowing the rib to slide either up or down along the milled out guide rail. the dimensions of this rib will be based solely on what the customer requests. I will need to know what POI the customer whats to achieve. The front of the rib will automatically come set at 3/4" tall. Based on the POI the customer requests will determine how high the rib will be in the back. With the adjusting rail I have the customer will have 15" of adjustablity. this means the rib will have a 15" pattern height variance going from its highest point to its lowest point. I will also need to know how high the customers gun currently shoots with the standard figure 8 bead configuration. I will also need to know the length of the existing rib from the very front of the rib to the point at which the rib makes its turn downward toward the back as well as the width of the rib. based on this information I will be able to produce a rib to accomodate what customer wants. I will also be able to produce ribs with fixed POI. Price will probably be set at $450. please let me know if there is any iterest or questions or concerns that I may answer. thanks. BYG
    berettayounggun_2008_030391.jpg
    Overall picture of the rib
    berettayounggun_2008_030392.jpg
    Front of rib in its lowest position
    berettayounggun_2008_030393.jpg
    rib in its highest position
    berettayounggun_2008_030394.jpg
    veiw of rear of rib, showing how rib "clamps" onto existing rib.

2. andybull

andybull Active Member

Can you post larger pictures?

Thanks

3. Beretta Young Gun

TTT with new and better pictures. This rib is still a work in progress, with some tweaking that needs to be done. I need shooters that shoot on a regular basis to help me refine this rib design with comments, concerns and critism. I only shoot once a week so I am not very good product tester. thanks BYG

4. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Looks like a good idea overall, though there is a lot of competition these days in adjustable ribs. Just a personal comment. A lot of folks are concerned with the esthetics (looks) of their expensive shotgun. The clamps you are using to attach your rib do not do much for the esthetics of the shotgun. Perhaps making these less "blockey" in some way might help a bit here, or somehow integrating them more into the overall design of the rib, rather than looking, as they do, something like a hardware store clamp afterthought. Just my personal opinion of course.

Jim R

5. Beretta Young Gun

NSXER- that is a clever rib design, and clearly well made but my rib will cost almost $300 less.

jimrich60- thanks for your thoughts. I agree that something needs to be done about the blockiness of the clamps, so that is a work in progress.

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

New to sport,so I have a question. I shoot a Browning sporting clay special edition. As told,it shoots flat,does anyone know wheather a clamp on rib like this could change the flat shooting and basicly make it shoot like a regular trap style gun.If so,a clamp on rib could be the anwer for fella's like me starting out with a gun not quite suited for the sport.The price offered,is cheaper than buying another gun,and could help bridge the learning curve until a different gun is afforded.Also,it is a 28" barrel,and I don't know if you'd be interested in such a product.Hey,I'd be willing to be a test guinea pig for ya tjough...

Doug H.

7. Beretta Young Gun

dhip- usually a sporting clays gun like the one you shoot, shoots approximatley 50/50. most trap guns shoot 60/40 to 90/10. I can easily make a rib that will clamp right on to your gun regaurdless of barrel length. I can make it adjustable or I can make a fixed rib that shoots a little higher than your current rib. BYG

8. Beretta Young Gun

Greetings all, I appreciate the interest in this rib and all of the comments, however i must put a temporay halt on production. There are a few things I need to farther researc before I go into this thing full scale. thanks again BYG

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If you would build a kit that would convert an existing add on rib to adjustable I would think you could sell quite a few of them. The ribs are available from a number of sources and that market is quite saturated. I know of no one however, who is making a kit to make any of them adjustable. This would be much easyer to design, produce and ship than entire ribs.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

BYG, I do all my shopping for the year at the Grand, so I doubt I'll be buying one.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
add a adjustable shotgun rib
add on adjustable ribs
add on adjustable shotgun ribs
adjustable shotgun rib
aftermarket high rib

aftermarket shotgun ribs

delrin shotgun ribs
trap gun after market ribs