1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Intentional Oiling of gloves?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bruce Em, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Does anyone do that or use other stuff like barricade WD40 or sheath?

I have some suede gloves that seem to suck the oil off everything and as a result they are getting oily.

It would keep barrels oiled esp on SxS guns but could make things slippery as well.

Thoughts?

2. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

None that come to mind at this time.

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Bill

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

ok so what doe the byline mean? New math?

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I use Ballistol on all my leather goods. Bags, belts, boots etc. The bi-line is scoring in Cribbage.

Wayne

wayneo_2008_0303246.jpg

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

That's what suede does...absorbs everything. Indigenous people on several continents used it to absorb blood from wounds, etc. That's why it makes lousy work gloves. Besides, if the suede is tanned with chromium salts (it usually is) it will rust blued steel if it gets the least bit wet.

I have some gloves that have leather parts. After I wash them (put them on and wash hands in a weak Woolite solution) and let them dry I rub a little Lexol or other neatsfoot oil into the leather to soften it. Doesn't work with suede 'cause suede doesn't have the skin layer on it.

Keller

6. JT 27

JT 27 Member

A good friend was a gun dealer and traveled the shoots. He wore cloth gloves when putting his guns away at the close of business. He would spray the gloves with an aerosol can of gun oil and would wipe each gun before putting it away. Bill never had rust on his guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.