1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insure your trap guns?

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Ken Mills, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Mills

Ken Mills Member

Whats the going rate for Insuring guns? I called my homeowners Insurance and they wanted $115 per thousand Insured does that sound right?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Mine is $10/$1K agreed upon value. My guns are kept in a fire rated safe so this really helps out the cost.

ss

3. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Check these guys out. They sponsor this site also.

Tim

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Collectors Insurance in Westminster MD is a great company to deal with and very reasonable.

Oscar

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Ken......the rates that you showed there are wayyyyyyyyyy too high!!! Shop around....in addition....some of the folks on TS.com should have some rates that are more competitive and you can save some money..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Agree with Uncle Sam - wayyyyy toooo high. I use SIAI. My target guns are specifically insured for replacement value. When shopping for insurance, be certain to find out if your guns are covered while you are travelling, in the car, on an airplane, bus, or train. Make certain the insurer understands your multi-thousand dollar shotgun comes out to play and is not just another safe queen.

7. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Should be .0125 of the cost of replacement of the gun. $15,000.00 = $187.50 per yr. Call Ace Insurance Services, Inc. Diane Crawford- All American ATA shooter-800-887-9869. Very nice lady and will take care of your insurance needs. Hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.