1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insurance Value of Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by amboy49, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I have a pretty unique ( at least in my opinion ) Krieghoff K32 and want to insure it for realistic market value with my insurance company on my homeowners policy. With the following description where I can I go to get an appraisal to provide to the insurance company ?

K32 San Remo with 30" screw in choke tube barrels. Kolar sub-guage tubes ( fixed skeet choke )

Also - 4 barrel Super Crown 28" barrel set. Gold engraving on the barrel hanger,engraving on the barrels as well gold number identifying each guage ( or bore in the case of the .410) on the ventilated rib at the back where it meets the reciever.

All barrels are same serialed numbered to the receiver.

K80 trigger upgrades

Additonal "upgrades" -

Gold added to all animals on the receiver
    Gold border outlining both sides of the reciever
    Gold quail added to the trigger guard and barrel hanger of the 30" barrels
    Gold broken target on top latch
    Gold added to Krieghoff and K32 workds on bottom of receiver

Gold work was done by Bill Main, Knightstown, Indiana

Custom Wenig stock/forearm with AAA fancy claro walnut and custom checkering

Two Americases - one for the four barrel set and one for the tubed set

Best place to get the gun appraised or estimate of value ?

Sorry, can't post any pics with my limited computer skills

Thanks in advance

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Maybe it is Badabing budaboom?

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Look at this website

Call ottsville first and see what they think- anyone that would give a real appraisal will want the gun in their hands

Or you have their dealers listed by location on that website

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

1 call krieghoff and ask about the guns 2 call bill and ask about the engraving 3 call americase and get a price 4 get a price on a skeet tube set. 5 add all prices and deduct 20% and you should have a real world value.
    Joe

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joe an isurance company wont pay on that

get a real appraisal

Gene

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

With pictures and copies of the prices that would be charged from the origional suppliers of the upgraded work the insurance company will pay. You need a replacement policy if it is an ACV the insurance company will likely beat down any apprasial any way. I would call Sportsmans Insurance their in florida and have a website. I have found that they are reasonable.
    Joe

7. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the comments.

I'm the one who actually put the gun together.

I purchased the gun as a standard San Remo with the over/under barrel. Then had Bill Main add the gold. Sent it to Kolar and got the sub guage tubes fitted - 3/4th of the way through waiting for the tubes to come back I saw the Super Crown barrels on the Alamo Sporting Arms website. Figured a chance to buy a set Super Crown four barrel wouldn't come along very often - so . . . . .

I then took the gun out to Missouri and had Fred Wenig pick out a "back of the safe" piece of wood and had it custom fitted. The Americase cases came with the gun - and the four barrel set.

So, I know what I paid for each of the "components" of the gun and related items. However, as it's not a "catalogued" item from Krieghoff anymore and is somewhat unique ( sub guage tubes as well as four barrel set ) plus the added gold work makes it different than just about any other gun.

I would like to insure for ACV as I don't think I could find a replacement due to the items described above. I wouldn't think an insurance company would be able to find a gun to replace it as described and therefore would like to establish as best as possible actual cash value.

Again, thanks all.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Yup, call Braxton at KI. Where do you live?

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Get a bonafide appraisal from a reputable source. Insurance companies will only pay the lesser of the insured value (if scheduled) or their cost to replace the gun/accessories as scheduled.

So don't over insure it, but cover the real cost to duplicate the outfit.

Jay

10. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I would contact Hollis Boss of Sportsman's Insurance Agency in Florida.

http://www.siai.net/

They insure these guns and will help you determine the cash value. I would guess their insurance rate per $100 of insured value would be less than most homeowner policies. It's worth a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the value of a krieghoff k32