1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insurance folks...insurance!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chiefjon, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

A couple of weeks ago, at the request of a friend, I posted a thread looking for a set of 680 O/U barrels. He reached a deal with one party and sent a check. The barrels were sent...with no insurance...no signature required...by US Mail. The mail man put them on the front porch and guess what...they were stolen. Now my friend is out about $600.00. Buying insurance or sending FedX or UPS is no big deal...now I don't have the doubles partner I thought I was going to have.

JON

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This should be automatic on part of the sender, adding it to the shipping costs. And it should be automatic on the part of the buyer to insist on it. The only exception is for items that are below the insurance threshold of the carrier (UPS for example is $100 automatic).

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

i would quite often pay insurance on items i sell on e-bay even if buyer didnt request it. i never had an insurance claim for damage on anything i packed though. all insurance seems expensive until youi need it.

Bill

4. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

It's a good idea to be home when you expect delivery, or have it delivered to a friend or relative who is home all the time. You can also arrange to have it held at the PO or shipper and pick it up yourself.

5. MGRAY

MGRAY TS Member

Have you called your insurance agent. Could be covered under your home owners policy, subject to your deductible. Marty

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Depending upon the value of the items, I buy the insurance more for the signature requirements (now $200). This way I know I get delivery.

Once I bought some paper money on eBay and requested the seller to insure it so I could sign for the delivery and the vendor refused - alleging insurance fraud et al. - I didn't care about the insurance, I wanted to require a signature for delivery. He said no, I said no deal.

Sometimes its just a couple bucks to guarantee its arrival. Never lost an insured package in 10 years.

Jay

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I would think a theft from his home may well be covered under the homeowner's policy, with the factor of any deductible of course....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.