1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insurace Recomendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Bradbury, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

With the new addition of an upper leel trap gun. I am cosidering getting insurance incase of theft or damage. My home owners insurance will not cover them and I need to get a rider on my policy to cover my guns. I am looking for a company that knows a Blaser Super Luxus trap combo is a $14k+ gun and a Browning Golen Clays XT has a suggested retail price of over $5K with out having to go get all my guns appraised. Does anyone have any recomendations please.

Thanks.

Jim Bradbury

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you have a replacement cost policy and the rider is enough to cover it. you can declare a value when they write it.Dont ever ever ever let an agent sell you an actual cash value homeowners policy. That allows them to depreciate everything

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Do an Internet search for "firearm insurance" and you'll find a few companies that specialize in such coverage.

Ed

4. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

My homeowners insurence is with Safco and there is no rider on it firearms just fall into the contents part of the ins.

5. xtj

xtj Guest

Go to the ata website and browse through it they have a company in Florida that insures gun prices are reasonable.

Xtj

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The company that advertises on the ATA webpage is very reasonable.

blade819

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Diana Crawford at Ace Insurance. She is one of us, and knows what you need.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

NRA is the best and most reasonablty priced. I have shopped them all.

9. wackdux

wackdux TS Member

Just be careful. Most insurance only cover up to $2500-$3000 anything over must be put on a seperate policy to cover replacement cast.

10. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Collectibles Insurance in Westminster MD, Top Notch Company with GREAT rates

Oscar

11. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I'll add a couple of things. First, your homeowners may or may not provide theft coverage. If it does not, then add the firearms rider on top of your existing policy. In doing so, ask specifically about the following: what is the maximum coverage amount per firearm and total claim. Most, but not all, will cover replacement value for all firearms. If so, it will be worth it to you to have an appraisal done that is accepted by your insurance company. If the worst happens, there will be no fighting over the value. If your rider covers only the appraised value and not replacement cost, same thing applies.

Next, if you travel to a shoot and the gun is stolen, do you have coverage? Probably not. My homeowners does cover anything that is stolen out of my car. However, it specifically does not cover anything that is damaged, destroyed or otherwise abused by the airlines. I have a specific policy for air travel.

As you are getting an upper level gun, be prepared to jump through some hoops to get the correct value on the gun put on your policy.

HJH

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Or, just use SIAI.

13. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

OscarRay,
    Do you have a web site or phone no. for Collectibles Ins. ?
    Thanks, Jim

14. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Fax: 410.876.9233
    info@collectinsure.com
    (8:30-5:00 ET)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.