1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insulting questionaire from the RNC....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Just got an insulting questionaire in the mail wanting to know what my positions are on several things...

It's worded such that it's clear their position is to support the Patriot Act and all of its unconstitutional provisions.

And not one mention of Second Amendment rights.

I am very close to being through with the Republicans.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan: "I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

He said the 'Democratic' party,,Ronald was a Demo at one time.

"Asked why he, an ardent New Deal liberal in his youth, had turned away from the Democratic Party, Reagan said simply: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. It left me."

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Are you sure it was from the Republican party? There is a lot of crap going on out there. For all you know it might have come from the Clintonistas.

TB

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes, I know the history of what Reagan said. That's why I said "To paraphrase Ronald Reagan....". Paraphrase means to take a phrase and reword it.

Yes, I'm sure it's from the RNC. Wants a check made out to the RNC and sent to their address.

BTW, it also has the year I became a Republican on the letter. 1978. 30 years of being a Republican, but for the last 22 they've treated me as a gunowner as a second class citizen. I'm not going to take that much longer.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Brian,

They probably sent out 5 different versions of that letter, with any one of 5 different issues on it...then see which one garners ($) the most return. You know...see which issues are the financial "hot buttons" that get people to open the pocketbook. If they put all 5 on the same questionnaire, they wouldn't know which one "did the trick."

I guess they'll find out the PA isn't one for you!

(But do please look up "paraphrase" in the dictionary...the definition is to change the words, while keeping their meaning the same. I know you'll try to weasel out of this by say there's little difference between Republicans and Democrats, hence the words are now interchangeable...but there is little difference between the New York Yankees and the Mets, either, they're both pro baseball teams from New York, but "Mets defeat Yankees" does not mean the same thing as "Yankees defeat Mets.")

6. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Brian, I have felt the same since Flub-A-Dubya was elected. Yes, the Neo-Cons have attacked th Bill of Rights harder than the Liberals ever have. But, what we must remember to be Americans FIRST. I thought of changing to an independent, but Pa. you can not vote in the primaries. Good luck on what ever you choose...

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You know Brian gets a little paranoid if it doesn't mention 2nd amend. every other sentence. Please tell me if you care about 2nd amend. why you would even consider the dems? You might not like the Reps. 100% but they are the best choice of keeping our guns. An Independent vote gives the equivlent of a vote for the Dems.

Don

But vote it is a right given you by the blood of many.

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I too received a similar poll from a Rep source. Although not the RNC it was a similar outfit. Can't remember the exact name it was the New Rep something. While they did ask the same questions. At several points they were seeking money. Finally they asked if you were unable to contribute at this time to please send $13.00 to pay for tabulation of the survey. I felt like they asked for my thoughts; why should I pay to give them. I filled out the questionnaire and returned it in the prepaid envelope minus the donation. I wonder if the results will even count. Jake

9. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Do what I did, send them a check for a penny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.