1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insult to all Rodeo Clowns

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Remdog1187, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

Missouri Fair clown draws criticism for Obama mask

This photo provided by Jameson Hsieh shows a clown wearing a mask intended to look like President Obama at the Missouri State Fair. The announcer asked the crowd if anyone wanted to see “Obama run down by a bull,” according to a spectator. “So then everybody screamed. ... They just went wild,” said Perry Beam, who attended the rodeo at the State Fair in Sedalia on Saturday Aug. 10, 2013. State Fair officials apologized calling the display inappropriate and disrespectful. (AP Photo/Jameson Hsieh)

Associated Press
    MARIA SUDEKUM 12 hours ago Barack Obama

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A clown wearing a President Barack Obama mask appeared at a Missouri State Fair rodeo this weekend and the announcer asked the enthusiastic spectators if they wanted to see "Obama run down by a bull."

The antics led the state's second highest-ranking official, Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder, to denounce the performance in a tweet Sunday. He said it was "disrespectful" to the president.

"We are better than this," the Republican tweeted.

State Fair officials said the show in Sedalia was "inappropriate" and "does not reflect the opinions or standards" of the fair. "We strive to be a family friendly event and regret that Saturday's rodeo badly missed that mark," they said in a statement Sunday.

It wasn't clear if any action will be taken against the performers.

Perry Beam, who was among the spectators, said "everybody screamed" and "just went wild" as the announcer talked about having the bull run down the clown with the Obama mask.

"It was at that point I began to feel a sense of fear. It was that level of enthusiasm," Beam, a 48-year-old musician from Higginsville, said Sunday, referring to the reaction from the crowd that filled the fair's grandstand.

He said another clown ran up to the one wearing the Obama mask, pretended to tickle him and played with the lips on the mask. About 15 minutes into the performance, the masked clown had to leave after a bull got too close, Beam said.

Beam was at the rodeo with his wife and a student they were hosting from Taiwan. He said they were having a good time until the end of the rodeo.

"It was the usual until the very end at bull riding," he said. "As they were bringing the bulls into the chute and prepping them ... they bring out what looks like a dummy. The announcer says 'Here's our Obama dummy, or our dummy of Obama.

"They mentioned the president's name, I don't know, 100 times. It was sickening," Beam said. "It was feeling like some kind of Klan rally you'd see on TV."

Officials with the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association, the organization that coordinated the rodeo, did not return phone calls seeking comment Sunday.

After Beam and his family returned home, he posted a photo of the clown in the Obama mask on his Facebook page. The photo and the posting were then promoted online by a blog, Showmeprogress.com, which elicited a huge response Sunday on Twitter.

Scott Holste, spokesman for Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon, said Sunday in an email that Nixon "agrees that the performance was disrespectful and offensive, and does not reflect the values of Missourians or the State Fair."

Beam, who grew up attending the State Fair and attends the fair just about every year, said he has never seen anything like the Obama mask display, which he felt was inappropriate for a state-sanctioned event that receives state funding.

"This isn't the Republican Missouri State Fair," Beam said. "It was cruel. It was disturbing. I'm still sick to my stomach over it. ... I'm standing here with a mixed-race family. My wife's from Taiwan, and so was the student (his family was hosting). I've never seen anything so blatantly racist in my life.

"If an old country boy picks up on something like that, imagine what a person of color would think."

This photo provided by Jameson Hsieh shows a clown wearing a mask intended to look like President Obama at the Missouri State Fair. The announcer asked the crowd if anyone wanted to see “Obama run down by a bull,” according to a spectator. “So then everybody screamed. ... They just went wild,” said Perry Beam, who attended the rodeo at the State Fair in Sedalia on Saturday Aug. 10, 2013. State Fair officials apologized calling the display inappropriate and disrespectful. (AP Photo/Jameson Hsieh)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

The insult is to the clown who degraded himself to that point. The Rodeo clowns deserve better press than that. As far as the fervor of the crowd, most rodeo crowds will be game for anything different. the same thing over a Kermit the frog or what have you. Mr. Beams perception is tainted by personal sentiment. What color bull did they use to run him down? It was never mentioned so color could not have been the issue. Doesn't deserve band width. Bad press you bet. I want to see him removed from office for crimes against the country.

3. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Political correctness runs amok again! Like W was never vilified by the liberal press? Give me an f'ing break! Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.

4. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

If it was a W, Reagan, Nixon or any GOP mask it would be considered political satire protected under freedom of speech. If it is a dem president getting played it is disrespectful.

I too saw a rodeo Saturday where the clown played on Obama and the congress. Just like this there was no mention of race, just lots of satire about bad policy decisions by OUR political representatives. And the crowd went wild where I was too. Unfortunately, even people in the shooting community have allowed the PC fad to affect them to the point where any dissent of the president has to be seen as racially focused rather rather than what it is. I coup by liberal subversives against our government.

Lets keep in mind that although he wants to be black for the benefits he is more white than anything else.

5. JohnStefanowicz

JohnStefanowicz Member

Fact- he is the President of the USA.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Fact-the poorest one we've ever had to date!!

You earn respect, its not given based on office held.

7. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Timberfaller,

BINGO!!!!!

Pat

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The ultimate example of the disconnect between rural america and big city politics.
    Unfortunately, "big city" has more votes and "rural america" more common sense, land, and real life values.

If we ever have a catastrophe, the rurals will have save the big city folk....or fight them off when they get desparate. Imagine a downtown home boy trying to gut a deer....or your steer.

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm with Timberfaller and Pat Miles on this. They have mocked Presidents before. In or out of office. The sad part here is the rodeo in Missouri will probably loose it's PRCA sanctioning, the clowns will loose their PRCA license, and the announcer will loose his PRCA license. PRCA stands for Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. The liberal bleeding heart media have egged this one on.

10. oz

oz Active Member

fake scandals... I say fake president, fake American.

11. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I'm not a fake or phony, really!

12. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I support the clown not Obama!

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

First Obama mask I've ever seen...saw WAYYYYY more Reagan and Clintons over the years...sorry libs..thats political humor and nothing more

14. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Any rodeo I have ever been to, the clown with the broom in its butt was a dummy, not a live clown.

15. timberfaller

Bring back Will Rogers!!!!!

16. timberfaller

Liberals calling for "sensitivity" training as well as SS and DOJ investigation!!

Scumbag liberals need a "Reality" check!!! So they can escape from their self induced Utopia!!

17. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I saw nothing wrong with it. Anyone here says it is is a Obama voter and a Obama lover. If you don't like it TOUCH S.

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

A Texas Congressman wants the clown!!

19. deadnout

deadnout Member

well being from missouri I thought it was rather funny. but our great governor didn't. but the rural people really don't care what he or our dem senator Claire Macaskil think. they sold their souls to that ass&%#$ Obama. as for as an uprising and the big cities coming to pillage the rural areas. well I think that would be the best turkey shoot Ill ever attend. rich.

20. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

For your consideration