1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Instructor vs Coach

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What is the difference? ---Thanx ---Phil

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I think of those two terms as having the following distinction - an instructor deals with technical elements whereas a coach covers a broader spectrum.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

To me, the term coach involves a longer-term commitment to the student than an instructor might provide, with more involvement with all the aspects of the shooter's life which will make him or her a better shooter.

Neil

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

They can be "one and the same".

But my view is an instructor/teacher would be an individual who gives lessons such as Leo, Harlan, Shafer, etc. and these lessons are generally a one or two day course.

A coach provides ongoing input with a given shooter relating to their continued development. They will view the individual on a regular basis, always available for questions and instruction and thus need to live in the same immediate area as the student.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Phil, I answered your question in detail on the thread above. I believe that P-master has summmed it up.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The coach shows you how to use what the instructor taught you, inorder to win the competition. HMB

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

A coach would instruct someone. An instructor would coach someone.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.