1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Instructions Wtd.: Beretta 300 Release Hook Instal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I used to have a sheet, printed instructions, that showed how to do this. I was shown how, but don't have good enough spatial memory. Anybody have one of those old sheets/ set of instructions they could copy and e mail to me.

Thanks and Merry Christmas, Peace on Earth, and Good Shooting to and for All.

David

margay223@sbcglobal.net

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Go to this URL: http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=101242

It is Shotgunworld.com, forum: I LOVE MY - Beretta. The thread is "disassembly of the 391", but the trigger group is basically the same for all the 300 series.
    The part you're going to replace is the SEAR in the gold trigger. The way you do this is to knock out the little bushing in the trigger. Watch out because there is a little spring and plunger that can get lost. You then substitute the release hook for that sear by replacing the spring and plunger, sliding in the release hook, and then pushing that bushing back in. That part is a little tricky, but you should be able to do it. Watch out for that spring and plunger because they get lost easily.

That information comes from a manual published by Seamus O'Caisides.
    You might think about buying the entire manual and updates that he offers for sale on that forum. It's great to have if you have a Beretta auto.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just tackle it and it will be easy Chango. Like he said, watch the springs and all else is a piece of cake

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thanks guys bigtime...a good guy at the range pointed out how to do this, but my visual memory has never been too good and the lighting was not the best; about to storm at that moment!!!

Season's Greetings and Mucho Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.