1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Instead of a 29 yard line.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superxjeff, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Why not just make each yardage class shoot for it's own options? I understand this would add another element to the cashiers already busy day but in our computer filled world with all the programs and programmers it shouldn't be that hard to do.

This would let every handicap yardage group shoot for it's own money and then all the people who do not play the options now would be able to do so. No longer would the long yardage handicap winners dominate the money winners circle even though they would still win HOA have, HAA, Trophies for high handicap overall ETC ETC,

P.S All short yardage shooters with less then a 95% handicap average, you will still have next to zero chance of winning anything as you would have to at least shoot your average in order win anything as very few handicaps are won with less then a 95.

PSS... I will let you all in on a secret... I didn't play the money because I would choke when i played the money. I guess that was my fault huh. Jeff

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jeff it is done now. It is called the yardage purse. Not all shoots make it available depending on the size of the shoot.

Don

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Don's point is well taken but the real answer, once again, is that Hcp is the only game where each individual pits his skills against the entire field of shooters with a BIG return if things work out well. Flawed as you may find it, the game should be maintained as such......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

UI never said that there was a problem with the handicap system. I don't belive that there is. The fact of the matter is that most shooters do not play the options or high gun type purses since they don't feel they have a chance.

I don't see how what I am bringing up hurts the long yardage shooter in any way since he is no longer taking these guys money anyway. Look at the sheet at your average shoot. Less then 3% play all the options. The rest play the lewis. a few guys who feel hot will play the 50's.

I see this as a way to bring money back into the sport for the average shooter. I believe if a shooter was to only shoot against his own yardage group for more then just the purse it would result in higher option play and perhaps more participation since Joe Average shooter only has to have his day in his yardage group with more then just the purse.

I am not saying this is the solution just an option to get more people back in the habit of playing the money.

Oh well... So much for having a thought. Jeff

5. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

SXJ,Good idea!

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about playing the money or not Jeff. It does seem to put additional pressure on most of us even if it is only a few bucks. Seems like any time I do play money the score sucks, if I just skip that part or if it is a insignificant event then I manage to put together a decent score. Something like mental frailty I guess.

But to get to your original question, yes we do offer purses and trophies for yardage groups just as you would have with the various classes in singles or doubles. Of course you can't do that with the small shoots, usually we will just do money based on entries in that case, usually winning one of those yardage purses gives a guy enough cash to buy a round after the shoot .... but it does generate a sense of accomplishment and good times that can be shared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.