1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INSTALLING NEW SPRINGS IN BT99 PLUS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,

I see " NEW SPRING KITS " advertised for different shotguns & was wondering how difficult it is to replace the springs and maybe install a new firing pin in a BT99 Plus .

I'm not currently having any problems with the gun-bought it second hand 2 years ago and put about 7500 rounds thru it in the last 18 months or so . It does open ver easily when you move the lever -but never opens on its on or after a shot .

Does anyone have instructions on installing the new springs or do I ned to send it to a competent gunsmith ?

Thank you in advance for your time and help .

BILL

2. soup

soup Member

TTT

3. soup

soup Member

TTT

4. glenns

glenns Member

Does replacing the springs change the position of the lever to open the gun?

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

When popping out the top lever spring as described by Jim it is a good idea to cover it with a rag because the plunger can disappear. Launched into the abyss.

6. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I can attest to that. I put in the main spring and was so excited that I just attacked the top lever spring. When I pryed the spring loose it just disappeared. After freaking out for about a minute. My lovely wife came in the room and found it.

George Ware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.