1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing mod 12 trigger, help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I took out a pull trigger, no trouble and am installing a release. It's not slipping right in. Any tips I should know about? Thanks, Rich

2. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

It may have to be fit to match your gun. One trigger won't neccessarily fit into all Model 12's. Have a gunsmith look at it and fit it.

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

Make sure the hammer is cocked back.

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Like fishguts said, also try installing it wthout the cartridge stop in place. If the trigger won't go in, then you need a gunsmith to do some filing/fitting. Most are a very tight fit. Larry Evans

5. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I had trouble re-installing one recently......thought I did something wrong, so I removed the stock, and it slipped back in a whole lot easier!

Just for laughs, I tried it again, and it was still easier with the stock removed.

Just my findings.

Danny

6. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

You may have moved the stock just slightly when removing the trigger. Try moving it just a hair in both directions. The trigger may go right in. I had the same problem a week ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.