1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing dead mule

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steer Tripper, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

I was wondering what you had to do to install a dead mule reducer.
    I am thinking about putting one in my stock on an 870.
    What I have read they say just drop in stock hole. Do you secure it in any certain way?
    Thanks
    David

2. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I thought that you buried them. I will defer to Lumper, our resident expert on Dead Mules, although he has been known to beat them!

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dead Mule is NOT a mercury device and comes with a short length of heater hose that is to be used to fill the remainder of the hole. Read the instructions and be sure to put the threaded end of the hole toward the butt so you can thread a bolt into it for easy removal.

Ed Yanchok

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Already got one.....don't need another one! Oh, sorry....you meant on a gun!

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ron ... I was going to say the same thing about burying them earlier to day when I saw this post but I thought it would have been far to sophomoric for most. Glad to know your not so uppity like some are.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It so nice of you to hijack the thread. Some of you just think everything is a joke, how inconsiderate.

Follow the advice from Ed. Also if there is some slop put duct tape around it near the ends. If you don't have heater hose just some garden hose will do.

Don

7. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Thanks to all that gave me the advise. Eddie the pictures really did help.
    Thanks again and Merry Christmas to one and all.
    David

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I have Dead Mules in both of my trap guns. In my opinion they are best of the in stock recoil reducers.

I have wrapped mine in black electrical tape to take up the excess and then cut small pieces of dowel rod to make up the excess in length. Works great.

Dale,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

installing a dead mule in a trap gun