1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing choke tubes in fixed choke barrell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murphy, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

I recently purchased a used Remington Express in 28ga with a fixed modified choke. I have a Model 1100 28ga with chokes and was thinking of installing REM chokes. My questions are 2, 1) Can this be done, 2)What does it cost?

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Might be cheaper to find a barrel threaded for chokes, if one exists... A buddy paid $300 to have a single barrel threaded for thinwalls from Briley, but that was some time ago...

Jay

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Carlson chokes does it as well as Stu Wright. A friend had Carslon thread 2 barrels which came with a set of (3) extended chokes. I believe he paid around $150 per barrel including the choke set. It can be done very easily by the qualified people but only you can decide what is feasable.

4. ABH

ABH Member

If you go with Briley, you may be waiting a while for your barrel to return. I sent them a barrel and they said 2-3 weeks turn around time. It is now going on 2 months and still no barrel. A guy I shoot with sent them a 28ga o/u for tubes in March, still no barrel for him either. I guess business must be good.

ART H.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Stu Wright does most of my choketube work.. ALWAYS 100% perfect

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Carlson's in Atwood KS does nice work, and mine tool only about a week to get back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.