1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing a Beretta recoil reducer in a Urika II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by donegal shooter, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donegal shooter

donegal shooter Member

I am the new owner of a Urika II parallel target,optima choke,12GA.I have purchased a Beretta recoil reducer (the listing claims"drop in installation").
    After I removed the butt pad the hole in the stock looks as if would accept
    the device,but the back stock plate blocks some of the hole.
    Is there a stock plate made to use with the recoil reducer,or do I remove it
    and file a crescent shape in the stock plate to fit? It seems an hour with a chain saw file should do the trick.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who has any knowledge of this.

Slainte,

Scott

2. autogun

autogun Member

I made my own weight (reducer) and used the washer to hold my weight forward. Then I decided to shift the weight farther back so I used the washer to keep my weight from going forward. The washer fits the channel on my gun so I did not want to alter its shape unless absolutely necessary. Have you tried putting the reducer ahead of the washer. Good luck.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Use a 13mm socket to unscrew the nut that is on the stock plate and remove the plate very carefully so that you can see exactly how it is going to be reinstalled. Use the numbers and letters on the top of the plate as your reference point. Slide in the recoil reducer in to the channel that is below the action tube, small end firts, and then put the stock plate back and in the same position as it was. Screw the nut on and tighten it with a socket wrench. Hope this helps. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.