1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Insane scientists

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Has anyone been following the news about the Dutch research team that modified the H5N1 flu virus (bird flu) so that is easily transmitted to humans by coughing/sneezing? Are these people insane? They want to publish how they did it (and the say it was quite easy to do). This is a virus with a mortality rate of over 65% and that's with the people getting pretty immediate care and isolation. Isn't it enough to fear that H5N1 could mutate on it's own and kill most of us someday let alone go mutate it on purpose and then publish how you did it? If this stuff gets out it's the end of life as we know it.

rm

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's time to dispatch the CIA to introduce the Dutch team with maybe some nerve gas.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I read a while back that there are a LOT more people with their finger on the Bio button over the nuke option.

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

The mortality studies on H5N1 are horrific. There is no vaccine so it makes no sense as a biological weapon, as it's going to kill you too. I cannot understand why any scientific community would undertake re-engineering something that holds the potential for global catastrophe.

rm

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Pardon the biblical reference but wasn't it trying to get too smart that got Adam and Eve kicked out of Eden?

Sometimes too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

rm,

Pretty scarey. How and who could regulate such research worldwide? Certainly not the UN, plus alot of research is private, results from private developments could be sold...

Pretty scarey!

Let's all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...and pray like he!! the cat doesn't get out of the bag...

milt

7. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

It's 'wormwood in the rivers' in the end that is supposed to take a massive toll at the so described 'end of the world'. Wormwood in biblical times was a natural pesticide. Plagues (flu) not so much.

8. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

need to locate them , and do a fly over with puff the magic dragon
    powertrader_2011_0812.jpg

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Seems the world might be a better place with a few less Dutch scientists. If there ever was a time for the UN to step up it's now wouldn't you think?

Robert

10. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

With all this crap being published by Wikileaks, I wouldn't put it past them to try and go out in a blaze of glory by trying to steal the info on this stuff and getting it on the web...

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Excuse me but the report I read this evening also mentions the University of Wisconsin did the same thing. So we better wipe them out also. All I can say is WTF!!!! Fricking medical journals are having second thoughts on not publishing the data, they seem to think that the wordl's good does not trump they being able to publish what ever the hell they want!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.