1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INPUT ON BLACK CLOUD SHOTSHELLS*************

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

I was going to purchase some 10GA. Federal Black cloud shotshells. Juust wondering if anyone has had any experience with the stuff. In the BB shot size. Thanks much alex Kotter

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was surprised- seems to be a noted difference in their effect on game

Federal did a good job with the wad also apparently- which even helps more

When you clean birds you are going to see gaping holes where the ridged pellets hit as compared to where the round ones hit

Birds drop

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

I just finished up a box of 12ga. BBB, they make hamburger out of goose breasts. I don't think I will buy anymore, not needed over decoys......Ken Jeffries

4. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Nothing but a long range load. The wad stays with the shot for the 1st 20 - 30 yards.

I only use them for late aeason Canada's that won't finish, pass shooting, and the 4th -7th shot on snows in the spring.

A devastating load, but it has it specific uses

5. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

They are a big improvement over the old style steel shot. Most of the geese that I've shot has holes in them where the shot passed all the way through. They reach out much better too. I've killed geese at 50 yards. Buy them..... you won't be sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.