1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INLAND WATERS TRAP LEAGUE @ WALWORTH 12-3&4

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by oldgahchamp, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The Walworth Sportsman's Club will host our shoot this Saturday & Sunday. Shooting starts at 9:00 am and sign-up ends at 3:00pm both days. The Stein & Hayes Trophies will also be competed for with a $1.00 option. The Weatherman says conditions will be above average for December. This is also the weekend for our "Toys for Tots" collection and the Marines are scheduled to land Sunday afternoon. Any toys you bring must be new and unwrapped. If you hate shopping, they also accept cash. See you in a few days. Larry Evans

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Larry,

I'm gonna miss y'all, and sitting in the trap house all day was, as many know, the thinng I really enjoyed. Nothing like a thermose of coffee and a few sandwiches to go along with the sit...

Hi to all !!!

Dave in SC

3. oldgahchamp

4. shotgunpeople

One thing we found out over the years was if someone sat in the traphouse (If you liked to do so like me), even with the modern traps, it made the squads go through like clock work. No waiting at all. We just kept the traps topped off constantly.

I will bet you will find Chris Vendel's Dad Joe in the lower house most all day like I used to do in the upper field...Boy, I miss those days...

Hope all goes well !

Dave

5. oldgahchamp

up again

6. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Shotgun People,
    We have moved into the new century and the Walworth Traps are "Super Stars" which hold about three cases of targets ....so we do not have to worry about staying in the house. They also will be throwing...............green targets!!!! They look great in the winter time!...Sincerely.....Ex-Jet Boat Bill. P.S. Some areas SW of Buffalo got 2 feet of SNOW YESTERDAY!!! We got.....zip!!!!!

7. oldgahchamp

Bill, are you sure about that snow. I think you were watching coverage of last years BIG snowstorm in Buffalo. ( or are you trying to make Dave homesick? ) Larry

8. shotgunpeople

Gee, you guys know how to hurt a guy !!!

Yep Bill, I even sat there with the "New" traps, and enjoyed it all day long...Really peacefull time to reflect on all the pleasures of trapsetting throughout the years. I began in 1961, 50 years and have seen a lot of changes over the years...Besides, I don't have to worry about someone looking back at me and saying..."That was a HIT, YOU BLIND OLD POOP"..Ha ha

Have a wonderful shoot guys...

Homesick in South Carolina.........

Dave

9. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Larry,
    .............It worked, he is homesick now!.....and I checked the Buffalo News for verification on the snow report....YOU ARE RIGHT! They were reporting on the past snow storm...HISTORY!
    ......Ex-Jet Boat Bill

10. shotgunpeople

OMG Jet Boat..ha ha ha

Well, at least you are in the correct century..LOL

You guys are way too funny !!!

Hope the shoot went well, Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.