Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

INLAND WATERS TRAP LEAGUE. NEWARK RESULTS

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  shotgunpeople 
#1 ·
This past weekends shoot was won by Mother Nature. Most of Saturday was cold, rainy and windy. Sunday started out the same, but stopped raining around noon.
Justin Slater broke the only 50 and also won the Stein Trophy. Tara Amentt,(my Granddaughter) won the Hayes Trophy with a 45. High teams were Walworth 239x250, Newark 238x250, Rochester Brooks and Mendon tied with 235x250. Bonnie Stenglein won the 50/50 and Gary Palmer won the $50 Beikirch Gift Certificate. Hope you can make it to Four Point on the 15th & 16th where we will also be shooting for the optional Bonbright trophy. As for the hats that were supposed to be here last week,I have no idea what has happened with my order. I'll check again. Larry Evans

#4 ·
Larry,

As always it was great to spend Sunday with you and the group. Yes indeed Mother Nature chased many away, including us !

We decided to head back to South Carolina before the dreaded four letter word arrived (SNOW).

Right now we are in Vandalia, Ohio and getting ready to spend a couple of days at the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum. (We have a motel almost across from the grounds). We recommend anyone who is looking for a getaway weekend, to come visit the THOF.

On our way, we stopped at Cardinal Center and had lunch at the Farmstead Restaurant. Best meal we have had since the beginning of our trip 6 weeks ago !!! (Although Jeff's "Newark Sausages" were great ! LOL)

Have a great winter, and we'll see you in the spring...

Dave and Judy in SC

#5 ·
Dave, I'll bet the motel rooms are cheaper than the 10 days of the "Grand". Marna and I attended the last Grand in 2005. We had planned on going, but since I was shooting for Veteran CofC we couldn't miss it. The worse thing I remember about 2005 was the gas station opposite the main entrance to the HOF. In one day, they raised the price of gas .30/gal as a farewell to the shooters. Nice guys huh. Dust off my picture will you pleaase. Larry

#6 ·
Larry,

We spit shined your and Tom Logue's pictures today, and ogled over the others..LOL

Enjoyed a great day taking pictures of all the memorable things that are on display, and the guided tour that our friend Tami found time to devote to us. She is a very busy girl running that place.

I couldn't believe the tall chain linked fence, not more than 20 feet in front of the old building seperating that ATA building and the airport property.

A very sad way for the old fields to have to lay alone now.

We are returning tomorrow to get another dose of the vintage items before we head to SC.

Spring will be here soon !!!

Dave in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.