1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INLAND WATERS TRAP LEAGUE @ HOLFIELD.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The Holfield Rod & Gun Club will be host for the first shoot of 2010 this Sat. & Sun, Jan. 2 & 3. Those who tied for the Stein trophy last month with 49s will decide the winner by carry over shoot-off. The BT-99 raffle seems to be going strong. Chris Vendel has donated a very nice gun case for the league to raffle. Tickets are $1 ea. DON'T FORGET THIS; The league is putting up $100 as added money to the January & February Lewis classes. The weatherman says it won't be too bad. ( It is Winter) 9:00 start. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! Larry Evans

2. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Larry,
    Will see you this weekend at Holfield. Presently on the road in Virginia. Will try to bring you some good weather in my trunk. No guarantees though!
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill Wednesday!!

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Good morning Larry,

Chris certainly gives back to the sport he loves. It is great to see him still doing these nice things, yet it doesn't surprise me at all. He is a Champ in many ways.

We are having a cold spell down here, only in the 50s, so enjoy that nice weather you are expecting up there this weekend. We will be going to Mid-Carolina Sunday for an ATA shoot...Brrrr...Probably have to wear long pants...LOL

Take care of those rascals Jet Boat Bill and Mr. Weiderick for me and Judy..She misses them.

Dave and Judy in SC

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Happy New Year to Shotgunpeople.
    Miss you, have a great day and shoot well. Barney

5. oldgahchamp

up, and again HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

6. bustem

bustem TS Member

Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to all the shooters of the Inland Waters
    League, both in the North and away.
    Roger De

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Can you make up a shoot later in the season if you miss one?

8. oldgahchamp

Rich219, Yes you can. Larry

9. shotgunpeople

Hi Roger, nice to hear from you...Happy New Year !!!

Dave & Judy in SC

10. shotgunpeople

Dear Larry,

I looked at the weather for Hol-Field gun club today and tomorrow...BRRR

You guys are made of steel...(I remember those days)

Today's high of 15, 15-20 MPH winds WNW

Sunday's high of 15, 20-25 MPH winds WNW gusting to 40 MPH.

God Bless you folks !!!

Dave in sunny SC...43 and sunny

11. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Dave and Judy,

Guy and I shot at Holfield this morning and it was NOT balmy. The squads were all coming in to warm up after the first 25. After the second 25 I ran in to get a coffee. Poured it on my hands! LOL.

Jet Boat Bill and Barney were on deck when we left.

Good luck,

Chris

12. shotgunpeople

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear from you !

Why did I think you north of the Thruway guys would show up ??? You folks from the Wayne county area are really used to that kind of weather. Us old Ontario County guys and gals got soft over time...ha ha..Ya gotta love New York weather.

We have 43, a little wind, but plenty of sun here today..Shooting ATA events tomorrow at our Mid-Carolina club if it's above 40..LOL

Maybe Jet Boat and Barney will share their experience from today with us too.

Did it get above 11 degrees F ???

Keep warm, Dave and Judy in SC

13. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Dave & Judy in S.C.
    The wind picked up today at 12 noon. Temp was 10 F when we shot We had a fast squad, but by the time we shot the second trap, everyone was COLD! A lot different then last Sunday in sunny southern Florida. This Holfield shoot ranks right up there with memories of tough winter shooting conditions. But the club thru nice targets w/o delays!! Special thanks should go to the hard working members of the Holfield Club!
    Sincerely, Jet Boat Bill

14. shotgunpeople

Greetings and Salutations Jet Boat....

We love you buddy, BUT Judy says you must be loosing your marbles...No one in their right mind would leave Southern Florida to return to shoot the Inland Waters League in 10 degree weather and 30 mile per hour winds....(See, she still picks on you from 900 miles away)

I got to give everyone that shoots in this league credit...Upstate NY weather in the winter is bad and you guys still tough it out.

KEEP WARM, Dave and Judy in SC

15. shotgunpeople

I just received a note from IWL shooter Steve LeRoy, and he tells me that somehow he shot a 50 in that god forsaken weather yesterday (COLD & WIND)....Good for him !!!

He credits Chris Vendel for installing a new "White Bead" and special "Vendel Choke"....Darn, Chris is giving up his secrets !!!

Nice shooting Steve !!!

Dave & Judy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.