1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

INLAND WATERS LEAGUE. ONTARIO, FEB 6 &7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The Ontario Rod & Gun Club will host our shoot this weekend, Feb. 6 & 7. According to the weather reports, Mother Nature is not going to mess with us.( I hope). 9:00 am start both days. Something to look forward to: It's only 4 months until the banquet. Larry Evans

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Larry,

Another tough decision for me. Go to ONTARIO GUN CLUB or go to the SILVER DOLLAR GUN CLUB this weekend. I think I will stay here where it is going to be in the high 70s.

I will get to shoot with some famous NY shooters like Carl Wagner and Ray Lee.

Hope you guys have a good weekend.

Ron Burdick

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hi Larry,

Not to steal Ron's ideas, but it is a tough decision for Judy and me also...

Guess we will have to attend the Mid-Carolina shoot this weekend here in South Carolina. Weather promises to be in the 70s (I can wear my shorts) and always great food there.

We get to hob knob with some famouse shooters New Yorkers also like Bob Redner, and Jimmy Sterzinger.

Tell all of our friends hello, and thanks but we will have to pass this weekend.

Take care, Dave and Judy in SC

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Larry, looks like i'll be at Ontario this weekend shooting with some great NY shooters, Chris Vendel, Larry Evans, Chris Vendel Jr. and Marna Evans. See you this weekend,not to be out done by Dave I think i'll wear my long johns. Barney

5. oldgahchamp

Bernie, Do you think Judy will shoot on the same squad as Dave if he wears his shorts AND his long-johns? Larry

6. eperry

eperry Member

Say what your will about your 70 degress, but it is even more satisfying when you shoot a 49 or 50 in 11 degree weather and below zero wind chills. Elizabeth

7. B V

B V TS Member

8. oldgahchamp

Sorry folks, I forgot to mention that the league will again add $100 to the Lewis Class. Larry

9. shotgunpeople

I guess I can agree with Elizabeth. When Steve Leroy wrote and told me that he shot his first 50 straight in HolField last month with horendous winds, I congratulated him on doing that in those conditions.

I still enoy the warm weather shooting though..Getting old ya know...

Up again for Inland Waters

Dave in SC

PS: Larry, Judy has finally agreed to shoot with me on the same squad after all these years...(And my scores have dropped ever since)

10. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Larry,
    See you & Myrna on Saturday. Weather will be typical...Temp 15 to 19 F with the wind NNE at 12 MPH. The wind at Holfield last month was 20 MPH (at 10F.) from our back and the targets were fairly steady...This month its in your face. It will be a Challenge AGAIN!
    Sincerely,

Jet Boat Bill (special munitions fabricator)

11. oldgahchamp

12. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Larry & Shotgun People Weather UPDATE: Saturday 7:00AM Winds 25 to 30 KNOTS out of the NORTHEAST....Sorry yesterdays forecast was only 13 MPH! That's 30 to 35 MPH in your face! Only the tough shooters will survive! See you there!!
    Sincerely,

Jet Boat Bill (Special munitions Fabricator)

13. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Heard there were some equipment snafus today - any update on the machinery situation?

LMS

14. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Larry,

There was a 'problem or two' in the morning. I arrived at about noon and the equipment worked really well throughout the afternoon.

Now, if we could do something about that wind...

Chris

15. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Chris - thanks for the update. I expect you to take care of that wind problem by the time I get there tomorrow!

Larry

16. oldgahchamp

Larry S, There is no wind in Ionia at 7:00 am. I'll be leaving in 45 min.. Hope the wind situation remains calm the rest of the day. Yes, there were trap problems early yesterday but everything got fixed and ran OK the rest of the day. Christopher Vendel broke a 50 and I hope to equal that feat today. Larry

17. shotgunpeople

Congratulations Christopher on showing the older folks how it's done....LOL

We got word this morning that Pops (Chris)had a 47 and Bernie K. a 46...You were declared a "Hero" by the notifier to us for shooting a 50 in that "God awful" cold, and 35 MPH wind in your face...You probably are going to keep Walworth in the running with that score...

Good luck to all up north. We have 33 and sunny here in the fridged south this morning...

Thanks to all for the updates, and especially Jet Boat Bill for his continued efforts with keeping us in good humor.

Keep warm, Dave and Judy in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.