1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Informative article...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://newswithviews.com/Publius/huldah114.htm

2. rpeerless

Also from Publius Huldah:

The Straight Scoop on Impeachment:

1. It is NOT necessary that the president, other officers in the executive branch, or federal judges commit a felony before they may be impeached & removed.

Alexander Hamilton points out in Federalist Paper No. 66 (2nd para) & Federalist Paper No. 77 (last para), that the president may be impeached & removed for encroachments, i.e., usurpations.

He points out in Federalist Paper No. 81 (8th para), that federal judges may be impeached & removed for usurpations.

2. Throughout The Federalist Papers, it is stated that impeachment is for “political offenses”.

3. The House has the SOLE power of impeachment (Art. I, Sec. 2, last clause). The Senate has the SOLE power to try all impeachments (Art. I, Sec. 3, next to last clause). The decision to convict is not reviewable by any other body – and common sense tells us what that means! The House may impeach, and the Senate may convict, for any reason whatsoever; and their decision cannot be overturned.

4. The language at Art. II, Sec. 4. about “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” is far broader than one might at first glance think. Somewhere I saw a scholarly paper showing that the “high” refers to the status of the official – it does not refer to the severity of the offense.

Now! Pay close attention: “Misdemeanor” has a much broader meaning than a lesser category of criminal offenses. Webster’s 1828 Dictionary shows the primary meaning of “misdemeanor” to be:

“Ill behavior; evil conduct; fault; mismanagement.”

This shows – proves – that a president, vice-president, and all civil Officers of the United States may be impeached, tried, convicted, and removed from office for “mismanagement”.

“Mismanagement” and “encroachments” have never before been so aptly applied to a civil authority as to Obama, Hillary, and their minions; except, perhaps to Nero, who also fiddled while Rome burned.

Errant members of Congress are never impeached – they are expelled (Art. I, Sec. 5, cl. 2).

Military personnel are never impeached – they are court-martialed (see UCMJ – Uniform Code of Military Justice).

May 9, 2013

3. rpeerless

http://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/daily-commentary/

Please read more about the Second Amendment and your gun rights. Extremely informative...

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

Excellent!
    We are so poorly educated that we accept about anything as Constitutional.

5. rpeerless

Yes. I go to Huldah's site and find answers. Also like to follow with the Fedalist Papers references. Huldah answers my questions and then some. So glad she is there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.