1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

information on Sylan and Kumon learning centers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SPACE GUN, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Does anyone out there know anything about sylvan or kumon learning centers? my 9 year old grandson needs some extra help in reading, My daughter and myself are trying to help but we want to make sure he doesn't get behind and struggle with it. Any im-put would help. thank you

2. TF

TF Active Member

I would try and hire a tutor through the young man's school. I've been in education for 38 years and have seen students go through Sylvan without much improvement . I have no knowledge of Kumon, but I'd assume it is simmilar. They do lighten your wallet considerably though. Another teacher may be willing to help after school hours and that way you could be reasonably sure that he is being taught in the same manner as his classroom, just at a slower and more personalized pace. Like anything else these days there is always someone who has all the answers for a price and these learning centers often are doing just that--ask them if they guarantee a certain level of improvement if you do deal with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.