1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information on slot porting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by john g., Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Need information on solt porting? I am looking at a TM1 with a striped reciever like a MT6 that I think had 4 angle slots for porting with factory chokes. What company did this type of porting?

Also any help on vintage of the striped reciever TM1?

john g.

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

John G. , MT-6 with striped reciever was for 1976 Montreal Olympics...later guns had Blue sided recievers...would think that TM-1 was from same Time frame of production. As for the angle slots for porting...were refered to as SHARK GILLS...Not a Factory Option..but Aftermarket Jobber...Had a Browning Broadway years ago with them....Had a Habbit of Cracking from Gill to Gill..saw many Good Guns go Bad that way...Porting moved to spacing and style of today. Can't Remember who was doing it at the Grand years ago. Shoot Well...Shoot Often,with Good Friends, Bart

3. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Might be Laser ports. Can you post a picture?

4. David McMillen

David McMillen Banned User Banned

Krieghoff did the same porting on some of their Tula barrels.

5. David McMillen

David McMillen Banned User Banned

Krieghoff did the same porting on some of their Tula barrels.

6. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank You

You say the barrels cracked between the porting slots? The porting slots are aboub a 1/2 inch apart and about 3/8 inch long there are 4 on each side. They are angled top of port toward front of barrel and lower end of port toward the rear of barrel at 45 degrees. / / / /

Is this type of porting safe.

Sorry 90+ mile to get pictures if they will let me I will be going that way later this week. Will bing camera then.

Please keep the information comming

john g.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Angle Porting by Ballistic Specialties.

8. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Yes , Cracks at the end of slots...Had one do it...have seen 3 other's. One of Many Reasons..Not to be in the Porting Group...Their are Many Members..Just not for my Money...Good Luck with your New Purchase. Shoot well..Shoot Often,with Good Friends, Bart...
    These Ports ..were not 3/8 long..not New style, Burn Thru Type. These were Long Cuts..have not seen any in a good long while.

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

John the Gun you're speaking of is a Comp 4 also called a TM 4 by some misinformend. The slotted porting is from the same era as when the gun was built and should be fine having lasted this long without failure. If you want expert input, contact Kelly Allor and he can give you the lowdown.

Surfer

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Sorry! brain fade, Its Kerry Allor not Kelly. you can reach him by phone: 810/326-3943

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.