1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information on shipping to CA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by old claybuster, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old claybuster

old claybuster TS Member

I would like to know if I can ship a shotgun to a FFL holder in California,I do not have a FFL.Thank you Larry

2. old claybuster

old claybuster TS Member

I would like to know if I can ship a shotgun to a FFL holder in California,I do not have a FFL.Thank you Larry

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Yes, I do not believe you have to have a FFL send the weapon, you can do this on your own. But I am sure someone will chime in with a more definitive answer.

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Yes, I do not believe you have to have a FFL send the weapon, you can do this on your own. But I am sure someone will chime in with a more definitive answer.

5. FrankJ

FrankJ Member

I just shipped a gun to California. I do not have a FFL. You must ship it to a FFL and include a copy of your driver's license.

6. FrankJ

FrankJ Member

I just shipped a gun to California. I do not have a FFL. You must ship it to a FFL and include a copy of your driver's license.

7. old claybuster

old claybuster TS Member

Thank you all for your help.Larry

8. old claybuster

old claybuster TS Member

Thank you all for your help.Larry

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm not sure if you can or cannot as an individual but I know as an 07 FFL we had to register with the state of CA to send any firearms into the state.

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm not sure if you can or cannot as an individual but I know as an 07 FFL we had to register with the state of CA to send any firearms into the state.

11. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Many FFL-holder's in California will only receive a firearm from someone with an FFL. It's true that, by law, FFL to FFL is only REQUIRED for pistols, the AFT and some inspectors from the Cal DOJ have harassed California FFL-holder's if they don't have a copy of an FFL for any firearm sent to them --- some FFL-holders have caved in as they don't want to put up with multiple inspections and inventory checks.

12. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Many FFL-holder's in California will only receive a firearm from someone with an FFL. It's true that, by law, FFL to FFL is only REQUIRED for pistols, the AFT and some inspectors from the Cal DOJ have harassed California FFL-holder's if they don't have a copy of an FFL for any firearm sent to them --- some FFL-holders have caved in as they don't want to put up with multiple inspections and inventory checks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.