1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information on Nobel sport shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by moose!!!, Jul 15, 2013.

1. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I have never shot Nobel sport shells but during this time of famine with shells I am about to purchase some. My concern is how does the hulls reload can I use Cheddite primers in the hulls, do they hold in? Also how do the hulls hold up? and is there much data and recipes out there for different loads? All in All what do you shooters that use or have used them think. Please no rumors or tall tails from the shooters that have just heard stories. I like facts Thanks
  2. gold40

gold40 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I've shot several thousand of them, pariculary the low recoil 1 oz. version. Worked fine, except there was one small bad batch about a year ago. Nobel took those back, and replaced with new shells.

Zanders, a big wholesaler in Sparta, IL is/was some kind of special Nobel distributor. They often have them for $50/case.

They reload O.K. for 2 to 4 times. After that the crimps get loose; I don't know why?

Lately I've found a good source for once-fired AA's, so I quit reloading the Nobels.

St. Louis, MO
  3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Nobel sports are a 2 piece hull with a base wad.

Phil Berkowitz
  4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have reloaded 1000's of the NobelSport hulls I believe they are the best of the Eurotrash hulls. Use the NobelSport primers Nobelsport has supplied reloading data for these hulls. They used to bring in their own wads. Wish they still did.

Great hulls especially the ones with 8 point crimp. They reload as well as the pop and drop Winchester AA?

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Nobel Sports are similar in quality to other promo loads... Kid is shooting them for Skeet at SCTP Nationals right now. I can tell you the couple misses today were not the shells.

I would not waste any time trying to reload them. You can pick-up Rem Gun Clubs for nothing anywhere and they load wonderfully.

The only shells I would buy with intention of reloading would be STS/Nitros or Federal Papers.

6. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2008
    S.E. Iowa
    Nobel's reload the best of all of the Eurotrash hulls.
    With 12S3 or 12S0 clone Federal wads they load and shoot great.
Search tags for this page

nobel sport reload data

reload data for noble sport shells