1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information on model 12 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Racerx, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racerx

Racerx Member

I've just purchased a model 12 with a Broadway rib on it? In the past I've only seen one other ? A large number are Simmons ribs or soild or duck style, be it after market or not. It looks like it's 5/8 wide ? It's a build up not a trap model with custom wood with a 30in barrel (full) nickel steel , made in 1959 (90%). How rare is it ? or what kind of value ? Who would build these wide ribs ?? I know that if it was a trap the value would be high. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Simmons did offer a wide rib at one time. They were popular in the mid-1960's. I doubt the gun would have much value to a M-12 collector but should be a fine shooter. When I mount a wide rib, it looks very good. But, when I shoot a gun with a wide rib, I pay too much attention to the rib and not enough attention to the bird.

Pat Ireland

3. Racerx

Racerx Member

If the rib was from Simmons would it be marked ?? Some Simmons ribs are marked from the factory??

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Herter's used to put out a wide rib also. I don't know who did the work for them, if in fact it was out sourced. BUT, It was the FINEST quality, BEST obtainable, GUARANTEED to improve your shooting. Their catalogs were some fun to read. They actually had very good merchandise. Sure miss them in today's world. Shoot well and often while we can, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.