1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information On Cigar Boxes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapshooteraa27aa, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Wondered if anyone knew anything or collected old cigar boxes. These were my dads and he passed in 1986 so it gives you an idea how old they are. I have a few that I keep gun parts and other stuff in. I have about 10 that are as mint as can be. Ive checked on ebay at least 100 times to see if I could find any ones like them but havent. Not sure if I want to sell them as they were my dads but would like to know if anyone thinks there worth anything.
    Chris
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I know very little about them but what I do know is the older wooden ones with complete lids and complete labels are most sought after. Most had thin wooden lids that cracked very easily. I'm not saying all complete wooden cigar boxes are valuable but that's a start. As with everything collectible, condition is everything. Also the more rare the cigar the more valuable the box. I have a few but mine are not in real great condition nor very rare.

3. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If they aren't worth a lot of money, and you want to try something different with them, you can make cigar box guitars. A fellow who works for the company I retired from saw this on Youtube, tried it, and they are great. He has made acoustic and electric guitars, and has branched out into cookie tins, as well. He has conducted classes in a local elementary school, where the kids made their own guitars and ukeleles, then formed bands and given shows for the other school kids and parents.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I don't know what they are worth but I have about 1/2 doz. wood with lids and they are yours for the shipping. Mike.

5. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Like I said just wondered if anyone had seen these or if they are worth anything. I'm sure I'll keep them as they were my dad's.
    Chris

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

keep them because they are your fathers. The monetary value is very little. I have several hundred old cigar boxes and not because they are valuable but because they mean something to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.