1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

information on a tristar trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jetguy, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetguy

jetguy TS Member

I need some input on a tri star trap gun. Anyone know about this? Thanks Jim scarbrough
  2. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Thought about it myself for young shooters on a budget. Have not found anyone using them. I think, if I remember they have only a 3 year warranty. I would assume that may also be it's life span, if used heavily. Let me know if you find anything out.

Craig
  3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I know someone from the local Ikes who bought one. Kicks hard, cheap gun ( you get what you pay for) didn't fit him or any one else that tried the gun. He traded it because he couldn't sell it.
  4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you are buying it to shoot a couple of rounds a week with the guys, then they are okay for a year or so. If you plan on shooting much more than that and are on a budget, look into a good used 870 or 1100. Either one will outlast 10 Tristars.

That 3 year warrenty is only for breakage/manufacturing defects. It won't cover weak springs or the gun getting sloppy from repeated use. That is considered normal wear.

ss
  5. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Tri-Star Mono Trap is a great gun for the money! I have a youth shooter who was on a tight budget 2-1/2 years ago that I showed this gun to. He spent $569 for this gun brand new! 2+ years and 6,500 - 7,000 targets later it is still going strong. The only thing we have done to it is put a Graco LOP adjuster on it and canted the pad just a little for a great fit. Good gun fit = less recoil!

I would recommend this gun for anyone on a budget.
  6. Thevalueman

Thevalueman TS Member

Jim,
    Are you out of Flordia?
    Shot with a fellow with the last name many years back
    :)Rocky
  7. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

Great gun for the money, They do need a decent recoil pad I put a dead mule in the I had at my gun club About 10 people shot it Triggers are not great but phillips gunsmith straightend it out I ask him he said they was well made,Dean Bright sells them Dean can beat 650 easyby 200 One of the boys dad shot one round and broke 25 and bought it , They just need a good recoil pad and slack taken out of the trigger
  8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Ditto on trigger work, other than that it is a reliable lesser expensive gun.
    Check around on pricing one best price I seen is $459.00 wholesale.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  9. oddsquad

oddsquad TS Member

i have a tristar and first ata shoot with it i popped a 98 out of the deal i love my tristar ive had it for about a year now and it shoots just perfect!! but im going to sell it maybe and move up in the world and get either a bt-99 or bt-100.
  10. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I had some 27 yarders like it ,priced right I would rather shoot one of them than a 870 or model 12
  11. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I had some 27 yarders like it ,priced right I would rather shoot one of them than a 870 or model 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.