1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

information on a rem. 3200

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootist27, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootist27

shootist27 TS Member

would anyone know what a remington 3200 competition never fired,one of one thousand be worth. i don't know what the barrels are choked at but they are 30"
    the asking price is $3500

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Is it a Competition, or a 1/1000?

Either way, $3,500 is too much.

If it's a NIB 1/1000, $2,700-2,500 IF everything is correct & unaltered.

If a Competition, 2,500 to 2,000 if NIB and everything is correct.

Guy Babin

(I own both models)

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You want a 3200 for a fair price?

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=283146&Messages=6

Guy

4. shootist27

shootist27 TS Member

the guy said it was a competiton and one of one thousand to be honest i don't know what it is ,i'm just going by what he said

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

It's a scarce gun in new condition, but it will lose value fast if it is shot and loses finish. I would rather "shoot" a Special Trap" in high condition at half the price.

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

It's a scarce gun in new condition, but it will lose value fast if it is shot and losed finish. I would rather "shoot" a Special Trap" in high condition at half the price.

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

First, know you won’t find a Special Trap, or any other 3200 for less than $1,000 bucks unless it’s been butchered, or completely worn out.

A 1/1000 will have a serial number between 1 and 1000. They have a unique checkering pattern that incorporates an angular Z-pattern. Competitions have a checkering pattern with a swooping curvature relief and are marked "Competition".

eightbore is correct in that any collector NIB never fired firearm is ALWAYS worth more than a one that's been shot.

Are you a collector, or a speculator? Or are you looking for a great O/U to shoot?

If you want a 3200 to shoot, 3,500 bucks is WAY too much to spend. The only 3200s worth more than 2,700 dollars are the few Belgium engraved models that were marketed through the military exchange system overseas back in the day, and the multi-barreled/chambered sets.

If you want a 3200 shooter negotiate the one I sent the link for earlier if it’s still available. If it’s gone already, be patient. You’ll find a great gun for 2k or less.

Guy Babin

(3200 lover, trained by Bob Dodd and others). Search on 3200 here and learn.

8. Raybren

Raybren Member

The one of 500 were PREMIERS and made for the European market, of which 116 of the 500 were engraved in Belgium by Browning engravers.

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Remington also made a special run of 50 guns that were engraved in Belgium along with the 116 that are more commonly seen, but the gold inlays on the receiver appear two ducks copied from the Browning American Mallard series. These Remingtons also are Premiers.

10. shootist27

shootist27 TS Member

would you happen to know what the premier would sell for? i don't kn ow what the guy has he said it was a competition 1/1000 it has to be one or the other right?

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You don't seem to be getting the message. Do you want to shoot it or collect one?

A Premier will NOT shoot any better than a 3200 Trap given the same dimensions and configuration.

The Premiers are a rip-off really—unless AGAIN, you want to fill in a 3200 collection.

Your lack of research on the ample data available here, and pointed out to you seems to imply you are not serious.

I’m not intending to be mean--just truthful. Convey your TRUE motivation and you will receive valuable feedback in return.

Sincerely,

Guy B.

12. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Just because something is rare doesn't make it valuable - or a collectors item.
    There is nothing special about a 3200. It's not hand made, aesthetically
    beautiful. It's a little clunky, and has some weak spots, some of which
    were corrected with the "modification." When it was introduced in the 70's it
    got a luke warm reception. Our club manager was also a Remington distributor,
    and even he couldn't get excited about it. If you like it, buy a used one
    for under $ 1,500 with the modifications. If something breaks on it, the only
    place with parts that can fix it is Pat Laib in Minnesota.

13. Kerz

Kerz Member

I'm thinking there must be something a little special about 32/3200s, hence popularity and Krieghoff's introduction of similar model. Away, to each their own.
    Vic

14. shootist27

shootist27 TS Member

guy, i alredy have a 3200 competition which i bought for 1600 and by the way i paid to much for it.i didn't really know much about the gun i just wanted one because in my mind i could shoot singles handicap and doubles with one gun,anyway after buying it i sent it to laib'sfor the reciever conversion and all kinds of work to it.much to my dismay at the ct. state shoot in 2009 the yoke broke during the doubles tournament causing the bottom barrel to not fire,
    anyhow i sent it back to laib's and he was nice enough to fix it free and send it back.i now shoot a silver pigeon 2 from joel etchen. i don't want to buy another one i was just curious about the 1/1000 if it was any better or worse than the one i have,i'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding about what i asked,thank-you for your knowledge about the gun..........george

15. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Now I understand George thank you. I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience with your 3200.

I love both of mine (32" Comp & 30" 1/1000). They are all I shoot exclusively for Trap. I have had to put some money in them too; but not nearly as much as you have. I shoot them allot! Since 2006 some 40,000 plus targets, and that's just the ATA registered.

They aren't the finest pieces out there--they were never intended to be. People forget that. Just like a Chevy isn't a BMW.

Despite what dickgtax says, I do find them VERY handsome firearms however. But you know the eye is in the beholder.

The fancier grade 3200s are no better mechanically than their more plain siblings. They just have more aesthetic bells and whistles and are less common. In fact my Competition has much prettier factory wood than my 1/1000 does.

If your Competition is in good shape (blue, wood, tightness, etc) I can guarantee you should be able to get your initial $1,600 back at a minimum--maybe more if she has really nice wood and a MC stock.

Take care,

Guy

16. shootist27

shootist27 TS Member

guy, just one more question,when they say it has factory upgrades,what exactly does that mean?

17. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

shootist27

Here are three pictures that may show what you are asking about. The picture with the two tangs that are pretty much stripped. The top tang is not updated. The bottom tang shows the strut, think update, that was installed to add strength between the top tang on the receiver and the bottom tang.

The second picture shows the breech face or an upgraded receiver with the allen screws often referred to that were added to hold the tang in place and replaced the lower large cross pin in the receiver which originally held the tang in place.

The third pictures shows the action reassembeled, except for the left hammer mechanism which was left out to better show the location of the added strut.

OldRemFan

oldremfan_2009_040941.jpg

oldremfan_2009_040943.jpg

oldremfan_2009_040944.jpg

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

OldRemFan captured the gist.

Not necessary for quail or snipe shootin' each fall. Necessary for Trap shooters who go through a butt-ton of shots.

The allen screws in the receiver face are the clue. Got'im great!.. If not still ok depending on the intended use. It was never a safety issue.

Search 3200 here on TS.com... you'l find more about these guns than any other... not even close!

Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.