1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Information about TriStar shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by william miller, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william miller

william miller TS Member

Anyone know anything about the TriStar TT-09 mono trap gun? Any info would be appreciated.

2. ky4some

ky4some Member

Tristar is a Turkish made shotgun. My son has a youth model Tristar 20 gauge semi-auto and has never had a problem with it. He shot a full year in the AIM program with it and it did well. I have no experience with their Mono Trap gun however. Most people say the jury is still out whether or not these Turkish shotguns would stand up to thousands of rounds.

Mike Kamer

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i think you get what you pay for!! - a lot of gundealers handle tristar and hugo and baikal-even mossberg-- for one reason- price point and they got a deal on some with a low required minimum purchase---so , back to your question, i am sure that mono block trap will be "ok" but what about parts and they all breakdown some time!! resale is low low low!!---but hey, if it feels good , points well and you have the cash--buy it!!!! happy holidays

4. Longbowsmith

Longbowsmith Member

Thought about buying one as a backup gun,but what bothered me was the stock doesn't look to be even close to having a parallel comb.Looks like a face bruiser to me.

5. kstwind

kstwind TS Member

I shoot a MX8 but recently acquired a TT-09 when two friends and a family member asked me to teach them to shoot trap and they dont have a trap gun. I was somewhat apprehensive due to some posts I have read but decided to get one nevertheless. Overall I have been pleased with it. I found the trigger pull out of the box to be very heavy but a little work on it I got it down to 3 pounds like my mx8. The photos shown on the net must be an early model as it doesnt have that shape of the comb but is very similar to a TM1. It fits me very well and has no cheek slap tendencies. The internals are not bad at all but not as highly polished as a Perazzi of course. It is built on the same frame as the over/under so is a thicker block than a dedicated single and does require it to be opened fully to cock the hammer. I dont know how it will hold up to many firings as I have only shot it about 300 times so far. I did run the last 25 targets so I have no qualms about using it as a backup gun. I have done a lot of gunsmithing over the years and can make most repair parts if needed so am not too concerned with that aspect. It does come with a five year warranty though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

info on the trstar shotgun

tistar tt09 triger pull

tri star tt09 mono trap 20 gauge

tristar tt-09 trap single barrel age