1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Infor on krieghoff Europa 62

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dshot, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshot

dshot Member

Anyone know anything about these guns, how or they, do they hold up as well as other krieghoff and what is the price range of one in 90% to 95% condition. any information would be helpful. Thanks

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I have no facts at the moment, but I heard a friend (who is into K-guns) talk of them once, and didn't have anything good to say about them, "definately not a worthy successor to the Krieghoff 32" as he put it. They were short lived also.

John E.

3. dshot

dshot Member

Thanks John

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are a k32 frame with K32 innards

A legal or not, attempt to get around distribution and contract rights- made early in the K32 import process-

most look like some type of san remo- so it is in the eye of the beholder

they are worth less than a comparable K32 with equal engraving-- how much? who knows

they dont say krieghoff on them

most have been sold as normal k32s in later years

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene, i ran into one of theEuropa's last year and although Krieghoff was not on the receiver it was on the barrels. Bulge.

6. MBB

MBB TS Member

I lived and worked in West Germany in the late '60s thru the mid '70s. While there I purchased two "Europa - Model 62" shotguns personally from Victor Brandl in Munich. One was a Skeet Gun with 28" barrels and the other was a Trap Gun with 30" barrels. I sent the Skeet Gun back to the US and had Purbaugh install a set of his 20ga, 28ga and .410cal skeet tubes which I used for shooting American Skeet at US Military bases throughout West Germany. Prior to moving from West Germany back to the US I sold the M62 with tubes. I still have and shoot my Trap M62. Years ago I had Hal duPoint fit a 32" top single to this gun with serial numbers to match that of the M62 receiver. I have had Krieghoff International do an upgrade on the receiver and perform several CLA's on this gun. With the exception of the engraving on the receiver my Trap M62 is a 100% Krieghoff gun. The O/U barrel is marked: MODEL 32 - 12 GA. BOHLER LAUFSTAHL and on the bottom of the lower chamber there are proof stamps, serial number and " KRIEGHOFF ULM". Some people mistakenly think that since this gun is marked "EUROPA -MODEL 62" it was imported by Hal DuPont's EUROPA CORPORATION as a M32, engraving added to the receiver and sold by them as a EUROPA CORPORATION product. This was not the case.

Blaine Baker
    Dayton, Ohio

PS: Somewhere in the shooting world there is "my" M62 with Purbough Tubes that I would like to buy back.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They did market them in Europe as well as has been pointed out.

If a barrel says Krieghoff on it- it wasnt a US barrel or more likely it is just a K32 barrel that was added by someone- serial numbers mean nothing- they comee and go at the touch of a file or stamp

Regards from Iowa

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

No one has really said that they are any different in makeup from a K-32. I doubt that they are.

9. magic

magic Member

There not any different. Just an early K32. I have 3 of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how was victor brandl connected with krieghoff
kreighoff model 62
krieghoff europa
krieghoff europa 62
krieghoff europa 62 shotguns

krieghoff model 62

victor brandl krieghoff
what did victor brandl shotguns look like